Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S-Series - Home Base

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 05:11 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunnysgt
I've drilled more than my share of holes in bikes that I later regretted. I've been saved many times by those little black flat plastic hole plugs you can buy at Lowes etc in all kinds of sizes. If you do decide to move those LEDs, you may wanna check those out. There usually in the hardware dept in those slide out boxes where they keep the strange stuff. You do have the option too of moving them to the lower fairing bolt on your forks like I mentioned before. It's the one that looks shiny on the right front fork on your avatar. I did that on my '14 FatBoy, turned out pretty good. Harley bullets have a 5/16" thread so does that hole, just be careful, some models are fine thread some course, the carb studs come with both fine and course on the same stud
Thanks Gunny. I'm also looking into the JW Speaker Evolution 2 headlight. If it's as bright as the reviews claim, and I add the 4.5" Daymaker or JW Speaker alternate, I won't need the small spot lights. They'll get me through the winter mornings and night though.

Old 01-03-2016, 05:52 PM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,359 Likes on 985 Posts

Originally Posted by SLV
Thanks Gunny. I'm also looking into the JW Speaker Evolution 2 headlight. If it's as bright as the reviews claim, and I add the 4.5" Daymaker or JW Speaker alternate, I won't need the small spot lights. They'll get me through the winter mornings and night though.
Yeah the "daymaker" aux lights are bright white and you can aim them
off-axis to the side dark spot you want to illuminate... Here's a
straight-on pic (I dont care for the fangs, but they work)

I didn't know about the JWSpeaker alternatives back in '13 or I would've
gone with those. Think they're about a HD cheaper....

T.

Old 01-03-2016, 06:00 PM
Sticks24
Road Warrior
Received 382 Likes on 191 Posts

Maybe you guys should look at getting one of these if you are that worried about being seen.

Old 01-03-2016, 06:34 PM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

Sticks, it's more about seeing. Now pay attention LOL

Old 01-03-2016, 06:44 PM
Sticks24
Road Warrior
Received 382 Likes on 191 Posts

This thread should be called how to screw up a beautiful bike.

Old 01-03-2016, 07:17 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Sticks24
Maybe you guys should look at getting one of these if you are that worried about being seen.

This thread should be called how to screw up a beautiful bike.
Sorry to offend; I actually ride my bikes. They serve as transportation, not weekend show ponies.

Old 01-03-2016, 07:24 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by WKNDS
Yeah the "daymaker" aux lights are bright white and you can aim them
off-axis to the side dark spot you want to illuminate... Here's a
straight-on pic (I dont care for the fangs, but they work)

I didn't know about the JWSpeaker alternatives back in '13 or I would've
gone with those. Think they're about a HD cheaper....

T.

This is a decent, but clumsy review of the Evolution 2 8700 headlight. It looks nice and is about $250. I haven't looked into the 4.4" side lights yet.

Old 01-05-2016, 05:32 PM
HenryT
Road Master
Received 74 Likes on 61 Posts

Nice! And they fit in with USA theme, being RWB. Just the right amount of bling.....and comes with a hi-tech control pad to boot!!

Old 01-12-2016, 11:48 AM
paullavery
Road Master
Received 111 Likes on 79 Posts

Think i may end up buying one of the new JW speaker headlights. Just received notification that my pogo seat set up & WLA style seat is ready for collection, the robbing gits have stung me for the equivalent of $150 in import duty !!

Have not had the time to sort out with my mate about making up a cover yet but will have a go at fitting this weekend, so hopefully it'll be relatively straightforward, the weathers been really mild over here up until now but looks like we are in for some minus temperatures so not sure when i'll get the chance to test it out.

Old 01-13-2016, 08:25 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by paullavery
Think i may end up buying one of the new JW speaker headlights. Just received notification that my pogo seat set up & WLA style seat is ready for collection, the robbing gits have stung me for the equivalent of $150 in import duty !!

Have not had the time to sort out with my mate about making up a cover yet but will have a go at fitting this weekend, so hopefully it'll be relatively straightforward, the weathers been really mild over here up until now but looks like we are in for some minus temperatures so not sure when i'll get the chance to test it out.
Import taxes suck, but I think you'll like the seat.

I almost bought the JW Speaker Evolution 2, but ended up getting this one for a much lower price. It is very bright and has a nice even pattern.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B017B...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Quick Reply: S-Series - Home Base