Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S-Series - Home Base

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 05:01 PM
Jetfever
Road Captain
Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Great News!!!!

This is amazing news! I had my splash guard off once but I did not notice there was plenty of space for the 'puter. TBH, I did not look since I was told "You can't get the 'puter back there like we used to before ABS".

This is what they used to do when fitting Hugger fenders etc.

Let me know if you try this!!!

I assume you would have to loosen the oil tank to get the "puter behind it...

Steve

Originally Posted by WKNDS
So I've been doing some more "wrenching" on the ol' black dawg today...

I've removed the rear fender (4 strut bolts & 3 tail light connnectors, 5 minute job)
and the infamous plastic "splash shield". I have noticed that there's a ton of space
in front of the BCM module. Enough that I believe that the ECM & antennae can
be rerouted/relocated to this location. This is so that you do not have to purchase
an expensive LiPO battery if you want to remove the ECM from the rear fender....
I'm gonna give it a shot even though I just received my new EarthX battery. I've
got a few pictures, but dont want to keep hijacking your "S" thread.

thanks!

T.

Last edited by Jetfever; 11-13-2015 at 05:49 PM.
Old 11-13-2015, 05:19 PM
Jetfever
Road Captain

GySgt, Outstanding job on your seat pan, looks great! Pogo seat is outstanding as well.

I have fangs and Q/R windshield. There was no doubt Fangs work great the first time I tried them. I have taken the fangs off a few times with the shield still on, and way too much buffeting. I highly recommend the fangs, even though I am not crazy about how they look.

Steve

Old 11-13-2015, 05:47 PM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,355 Likes on 983 Posts

Originally Posted by Jetfever
This is amazing news! I had my splash guard off once but I did not notice there was plenty of space for the 'puter. TBH, I did not look since I was told "You can't get the 'puter back there like we used to before ABS".
This is what they used to do when fitting Hugger fenders etc.
Let me know if you try this!!!
Steve

Oh I'm gonna try it... Theres a LOT of zip ties - hopefully this isn't "Humpty Dumpty"
and I can get it all back together again....

Here's a teaser - since I had the rear wheel off anyway, might as well install that
powdercoated sprocket....

T.

Old 11-13-2015, 06:11 PM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member
Received 561 Likes on 272 Posts

Customizing your bike doesn't always have to be about finding parts ready made for high dollars. a little elbow grease and imagination go a long way. $21 invested start to finish and it works great. There is also a really good feelin about makin your own stuff.

Old 11-13-2015, 06:43 PM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,355 Likes on 983 Posts

Looks good! Agreed, I do all my own work/mods. I just cant afford to pay someone
to do them and as such, I've learned quite a bit along the way.

I'll be doing a similar seat pan mod soon - when I figure out where everything is
going to go.

thanks!

T.

Originally Posted by Gunnysgt
Customizing your bike doesn't always have to be about finding parts ready made for high dollars. a little elbow grease and imagination go a long way. $21 invested start to finish and it works great. There is also a really good feelin about makin your own stuff.

Old 11-13-2015, 07:24 PM
Jetfever
Road Captain
Default 'Puter behind oil tank

Check out this vid. I was going to do this but was told "You cannot fit the new model 'puter behind the oil tank on late models". I should have tried before I used the small battery...I am very happy with the LiPo battery though.

Lowest vid this page called:CROSSBONES INSTALLATION VIDEO

http://shadetreefabrications.com/tech/

Old 11-13-2015, 08:35 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

Wow!! I've worked about 46 hours in the past three days and haven't kept up with the thread. Some great stuff going on here.

Gunny. The seat and pan look incredible. Nice work. Now I'm almost second guessing my brown leather decision. Actually, I'm happy with that, but I love how the black looks with the post seat.

I'm interested to see real world results of the ECM stash also. Who's going first (second really behind JetFever.). The BCM location sounds promising.

Old 11-14-2015, 01:28 AM
paullavery
Road Master
Received 111 Likes on 79 Posts

Just wondering if there is any benefit from changing the bulb in the stock headlight ? is this even possible ? & if so will it make much difference ? I've got flashlights that are brighter than the stock headlight, think i may have found my first & only gripe about my S model.

Old 11-14-2015, 06:00 AM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member
Received 561 Likes on 272 Posts

Yes you can simply change the bulb in your headlight to any of the new hyper white and high output bulbs. It's simply and H3 or H4, I forget which one. It's the dual hibeam, lo beam one.

Old 11-14-2015, 11:49 AM
paullavery
Road Master
Received 111 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunnysgt
Yes you can simply change the bulb in your headlight to any of the new hyper white and high output bulbs. It's simply and H3 or H4, I forget which one. It's the dual hibeam, lo beam one.
Something like this ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Super-Brig...869&rmvSB=true

Quick Reply: S-Series - Home Base