Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S-Series - Home Base

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 07:36 AM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by JHP
"Custom Dynamics 48-LED cluster tail light inserts. $89 and much brighter than the old 1157 bulbs. Do NOT require load equalizers like the cheaper Radiantz versions do."

If you READ the reviews at Amazon (the source YOU quoted), MOST who bought these DID need an equalizer.
If you are in THIS thread, you MIGHT realize I'm discussing the use of the products on the 2016 S -Series that requires NO load equalizer to operate the turn signals.

I don't really care if they are needed on other bikes.

Old 11-07-2015, 09:07 AM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member
Received 561 Likes on 272 Posts

Lot's of folks do not realize that the CanBus bikes, 11 up softails and 14 up Touring bikes do NOT need load equalizers when adding LEDs etc. The only issue we have is the turn signal flasher on the dash may run double speed when first installing the LEDs even though the signal itself flashes normal speed. Easy fix on the CanBus bikes, just put the 4 ways on for a few minutes and it learns the new added stuff and fixes itself.

Old 11-07-2015, 09:22 AM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,355 Likes on 983 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunnysgt
Lot's of folks do not realize that the CanBus bikes, 11 up softails and 14 up Touring bikes do NOT need load equalizers when adding LEDs etc. The only issue we have is the turn signal flasher on the dash may run double speed when first installing the LEDs even though the signal itself flashes normal speed. Easy fix on the CanBus bikes, just put the 4 ways on for a few minutes and it learns the new added stuff and fixes itself.

Agreed. I actually like the quick flashes cause it only takes a glance down
to verify they're on(or off), so I've never "reset" or synch'd them using the
4-way method. To each his/her own I guess.

T.

Old 11-07-2015, 09:50 AM
Unclesams_Slim
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Hello everyone, i just ordered a slim S yesterday and I must say there are some really good looking bikes in this thread. I will probably also be borrowing the ammo can idea as it looks cool.

-Ryan

Old 11-07-2015, 10:35 AM
mofomojo
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by splattttttt
But gorgeous none the less
Thanks splattttttt. I've been eying WKNDS for a while now. I like it, and it will fit the overall theme of the bike so it might end up on my TODO list in the future. At first I was worried they wouldn't be too comfortable. I'm still worried, but having read opinions on their comfort and WHY they are comfortable I'm more inclined to consider it. I need long haul comfort AND want cool and you know what they say about that combo usually.

Edit: Maybe I can meet up with SLV for a photo shoot one weekend and try it? :P

Old 11-07-2015, 11:53 AM
MARCUS 79
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So my Softail Slim S had been sitting at the dealer s garage from the Friday the 30th of October and Ive been only permitted to look at the box with the bike inside it for now since the only tech available at the local dealer is out sick.......
He is to open the box and has to do the Pre Delivery inspection and so on,,,,,,,,,,
Damn I ve been waiting this long looking at the outside box this long and no one knows yet when he is to return back to work...............
I'm really looking forward for the moment to sit on my Slim S and ride

Last edited by MARCUS 79; 11-07-2015 at 11:59 AM.
Old 11-07-2015, 01:56 PM
mofomojo
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wait, they can't setup any new bikes for the last 8 days because they only have one tech that can do it? Wow... Sorry dude. At least send us a photo of the box! edit: and re-negotiate your deal for pain and suffering!

Old 11-07-2015, 03:15 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member

Pics of the pogo setup.

Pros:
Comfortable, solid and strong installation.

Cons:
The V-Twin Manufacturing part #31-0313 either isn't Softail universal, or I got a bad or wrong part. When trying to install as shown in their photos, the front yoke make hard contact with the tank. I had to add a spacer between the frame and the lower piece of the hinge/yoke piece. This raises the entire kit and forces it to rest on top of the frame cover rather than below it. I like how it looks though, so not a big deal.

Old 11-07-2015, 03:19 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by mofomojo

Edit: Maybe I can meet up with SLV for a photo shoot one weekend and try it? :P
Name the time. I'll be there. You'll be surprised how comfortable these seats are.

Old 11-07-2015, 07:54 PM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,355 Likes on 983 Posts

Originally Posted by SLV
Pics of the pogo setup.

Pros:
Comfortable, solid and strong installation.

Cons:
The V-Twin Manufacturing part #31-0313 either isn't Softail universal, or I got a bad or wrong part. When trying to install as shown in their photos, the front yoke make hard contact with the tank. I had to add a spacer between the frame and the lower piece of the hinge/yoke piece. This raises the entire kit and forces it to rest on top of the frame cover rather than below it. I like how it looks though, so not a big deal.
Looks good, but can you get a real close up/isolation pic of the mount?

I cant really tell if it looks like mine or not. I'll try to get a clear close up of
my mount tomorrow & post it so everyone can see the nitty gritty dirty details...

T.

Quick Reply: S-Series - Home Base