Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S-Series - Home Base

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 07:51 PM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,355 Likes on 983 Posts

Originally Posted by goblue90
Nice! They're bright little lights...
Yes they are! One thing I wish I could change is the color of the "board"
that the LEDs are mounted on. Its white and REALLY sticks out on a
black bike as you can tell. I wish the backer-board was black so it
wouldn't stand out like it does.

T.

Old 11-03-2015, 03:30 AM
paullavery
Road Master
Received 111 Likes on 79 Posts

The heat issue & going into limp mode was one of the reasons I got rid of my 110 CVO SG, I did a fair bit of riding in London & although nowhere near as hot here as over the pond it just couldn't cope with summer temps here & it really became an issue, not too mention being very uncomfortable to ride, I fitted a fullsac X exhaust system which made a bit of difference, hopefully there won't be similar issues with the S, lack of batwing fairing & lowers should make all the difference as the heat should be able to escape.

Old 11-03-2015, 03:33 AM
paullavery
Road Master
Received 111 Likes on 79 Posts

Have to say though it really likes our current temps, went out for a ride on Sunday & it was 9 degrees C 👍👍

Old 11-03-2015, 05:01 AM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member
Received 561 Likes on 272 Posts

All you need to do to control your bike's heat management system is roll your throttle forward while sitting and idling. The cruise light will come on your dash. If its green you had it enabled. Twist it and hold it til it turns orange, it's then off. Check your owners manual to double check this procedure in detail, it's in there. When stuck in heavy traffic on very hot humid summer days, I've also simply shut the engine off until I see the traffic start to move, that only takes a moment as well.

Last edited by Gunnysgt; 11-03-2015 at 05:28 AM.
Old 11-03-2015, 08:09 AM
hspring03
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts

It's the first thing I turned of on my Street Glide, and I'll make sure I turn it off on her SlimS. Nothing more aggravating than a cylinder shutting down and going into limp mode.

Old 11-03-2015, 08:37 AM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by goblue90
I'm hoping to ride more this fall than I did last fall on my 48, so I installed a Memphis Shades batwing fairing and spoiler windshield this afternoon... got the trigger lock mount so I can remove it in seconds next summer. I need to relocate the front turn signals...
Do you think that batwing will work on a Slim with 4.5" pullback risers?

Old 11-03-2015, 01:35 PM
wachuko
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by hspring03
It's the first thing I turned of on my Street Glide, and I'll make sure I turn it off on her SlimS. Nothing more aggravating than a cylinder shutting down and going into limp mode.
But it is done for engine protection from the heat... why would you turn it off? Best thing that worked for me were the fans.... with those on, bike is happy is that stop-and-go traffic. I thought about the oil cooler for some additional protection.

Anywho... back to normal programming.

If anyone has part numbers for baffles that would fit into the stock mufflers, please share the info... I want a little bit more bark from the stock exhaust. I like the looks, so not reason to change it for looks alone.

And looking at the catalog, there is no SE slip-ons options for our bikes, which makes me think that we already have the SE mufflers on these puppies... So I just need to replace the stock baffles with something more free-flowing...

Old 11-03-2015, 01:40 PM
wachuko
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by wrussi
so the Rush Slip ons sound amazing specially with the 2in baffles but they were a little bit too loud for my taste. so i wanted to quiet things down and i had my old cycleshack 1.75in baffles laying around from my old 07 deluxe so i drilled out the rivets and removed the factory baffles and put the cycleshack ones in. it sounds amazing! im guessing the 110 just makes any exhaust sound nice and deep. now i must say that the rush do sound deeper.... so should i keep the rush or should i keep the cycleshacks? hmm decisions decisions.

You are using the 1.75" baffles in the stock mufflers?? If so, what part number for the baffles?? Sound clip?

Old 11-03-2015, 02:07 PM
hspring03
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by wachuko
But it is done for engine protection from the heat... why would you turn it off? Best thing that worked for me were the fans.... with those on, bike is happy is that stop-and-go traffic. I thought about the oil cooler for some additional protection.

These motors have survived a long time without it. They can withstand pretty high temps. Having a cylinder shut down when I need the motor to move is unnerving.

Old 11-03-2015, 05:15 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,390 Likes on 1,561 Posts

I shut mine off my Fatboy S on Day 1. I didn't like all the shaking at traffic lights. It's hot here but most of the time I'm moving along, a few minutes at traffic lights doesn't make the bike too hot. I switch it off when waiting for bridges to go up and down and when freight trains go by.

Quick Reply: S-Series - Home Base