Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S-Series - Home Base

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 12:57 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Sticks24
Well I already told you I am six feet. Aesthetically the seat looks too high for me. Like I said before, I fit perfectly on the stock bike. I would think about changing to a seat like yours for comfort, but would keep it very low to the frame.
I guess we were already talking seats and height. I just like the style of the police seat up high. Close the frame, the police seat is too wide. I think a regular large bobber seat would serve that purpose better. If I stayed low, I'd have to ditch the boards in favor of forward controls, and maybe even ape hangers. The stock seat and boards had my knees right under my hands, and my hips bent way to far for every day riding. It felt mike a Japanese toilet position.

Old 10-24-2015, 01:00 PM
Sticks24
Road Warrior
Received 382 Likes on 191 Posts

Bike looks great Gunny!

Old 10-24-2015, 01:02 PM
Sticks24
Road Warrior
Received 382 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by SLV
I guess we were already talking seats and height. I just like the style of the police seat up high. Close the frame, the police seat is too wide. I think a regular large bobber seat would serve that purpose better. If I stayed low, I'd have to ditch the boards in favor of forward controls, and maybe even ape hangers. The stock seat and boards had my knees right under my hands, and my hips bent way to far for every day riding. It felt mike a Japanese toilet position.
You have to do what works for you.

Old 10-24-2015, 05:00 PM
goblue90
Road Master
Received 348 Likes on 200 Posts
Default Added the HD Engine Guard

Went for an awesome ride this morning, but am still in the process of breaking her in. When I got back, I added the HD engine guard and some flush mount Cirius LED lights. The lights were a PITA to install as I broke 2 taps while trying to thread the mounting holes. I couldn't remove one of the taps so I ended up drilling another set of holes and angled the lights out a little. Hopefully I'll be able to complete the wiring tomorrow!

Old 10-24-2015, 05:06 PM
Rocket Rider
Tourer
Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts

Thanks to tech advice from SLV and Jetfever, I successfully installed a fender-mounted Jammer "Black Beauty" tail/stop/license plate light on the FLSS today. I thought I'd share a few photos, in case someone else could use the info.

This first photo shows where I extended the length of the tail light's wiring by about 5 feet. The Black Beauty's red wire (brake) was extended with red wire, the black wire (tail light) with black, but due to my lack of colored wire I extended the yellow (ground) with blue wire. Splices were soldered and double shrink-wrapped.

This is what awaited me upon removing the seat.

And here I've labeled the three connectors pertaining to the rear turn signals, tail lights, brake lights and license plate light.

Since I didn't want to interfere with the equipped turn signals, I focused on the center module which supplies power to the side-mounted license plate light. It has three forward wires (red/yellow, blue/red, and black), and two aft wires (both black). In this next photo I've temporarily spliced the Black Beauty's ground wire (now blue) to the module's bottom aft black wire, the light wire (black) to the module's top aft black wire, and the brake wire (red) to the module's forward blue/red wire.

After turning on the ignition- everything worked! The Black Beauty has a constant running light / license plate light, and it brightens when the brake lever or pedal is activated. It does not flicker when turn signals are activated, nor are the existing turn signals/brake lights affected by the new tail light! I finished installing the new tail light, routed the wiring, and made the wiring connections permanent. I also removed the wiring to the factory-installed license plate light and removed the side-mounted bracket by cutting it from the left rear turn signal post. (The turn signal posts will be replaced anyway, to allow for installation of a sissy bar - if my turn signal relocation kit ever arrives; been waiting 6 weeks).

Old 10-24-2015, 05:09 PM
hspring03
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts

Got the ammo box installed on Stiletto68's bike. Also installed the windshield last week.

Attached Thumbnails S-Series - Home Base-photo381.jpg   S-Series - Home Base-photo863.jpg  
Old 10-25-2015, 02:28 AM
paullavery
Road Master
Received 111 Likes on 79 Posts

Well after lots of searching around on the internet i'm going with this set up on my S for bags, it will enable me to retain the 2 up mustang seat, won't be affected by the stock exhausts & the adapted brackets place the bags further forward so no need to re-locate the turn signals ;

One of these military style bags on the left side,

A smaller bag for the right side,

Shows the smaller bag mounted,

The bracket that positions the bags further forward,

Their take on the easy bracket,

Just waiting on a quote for the parts & if they will sell direct to me as they usually sell to bike builders only !!

Old 10-25-2015, 05:00 AM
RexD
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by goblue90
Went for an awesome ride this morning, but am still in the process of breaking her in. When I got back, I added the HD engine guard and some flush mount Cirius LED lights. The lights were a PITA to install as I broke 2 taps while trying to thread the mounting holes. I couldn't remove one of the taps so I ended up drilling another set of holes and angled the lights out a little. Hopefully I'll be able to complete the wiring tomorrow!

That is such a good looking bike. I'm completely sold.

Old 10-25-2015, 05:56 AM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

@ PAULLAVERY the more and more I look at these bags, the more I want a set (both sides) to replace the throw overs I have now.
These look slightly bigger.
Will you plz list a link of the vendor?
THNX!

Old 10-25-2015, 07:14 AM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

Quick Reply: S-Series - Home Base