Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S-Series - Home Base

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2015, 08:45 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by mofomojo
Haven't had a chance to do anything this week with her. Some parts I ordered turned out to be the wrong fitment. I did take some photos of her. Hoping to score some new badges this weekend, we'll see.

Thinking of taking her to an industrial park along with some friends trailing me and my photography equipment tomorrow afternoon. We'll see...or I may travel up to Blue Ridge again.
Great pics. You're talented with that camera.

You're only about 3-1/2 from me. Maybe you'd be interested in getting two bikes in some of those shots!

Old 10-17-2015, 09:28 PM
mofomojo
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks SLV. 3 1/2 Hours, Miles? Be glad to drop more cycles in! There will be more shots as she undergoes her transformation... slowly. I need to outfit a swingarm bag, get a motherwell rack and sissy bar to pack some gear for rides up the mountains and the countryside to shoot proper on her. Just afraid of covering up her lines a little too much to do any more than that. I'm sure she'll be coming in to her own over the winter months.

Old 10-17-2015, 09:59 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member

Thanks SLV. 3 1/2 Hours, Miles? Be glad to drop more cycles in! There will be more shots as she undergoes her transformation... slowly. I need to outfit a swingarm bag, get a motherwell rack and sissy bar to pack some gear for rides up the mountains and the countryside to shoot proper on her. Just afraid of covering up her lines a little too much to do any more than that. I'm sure she'll be coming in to her own over the winter months.
Roughly 240 miles. I can do that before breakfast.

Yeah. I want a rack too. I'm scared the Motherwell will mark the paint, but the HD version costs more, needs a QD kit, and needs a change to turn signals mounts. Why can't they make one that just bolts to the four fasteners on the strut?

Old 10-18-2015, 06:22 AM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member
Received 561 Likes on 272 Posts

I have the Motherwell rack and can NOT see any issues with it marking the paint. It has thick dense foam pads under the metal. Wouldn't use it as a seat but it's not designed as a seat.

Old 10-18-2015, 07:50 AM
mofomojo
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SLV, ahhh you're in beautiful country too. Charleston and Savannah are favorite haunting grounds for some photo and art work I do. http://www.stuartpresleyphotography.com/p868473312, ok mostly Charleston as I haven't gotten down to Savannah in a long while.

Gunnysgt, Thanks for the info on the Motherwell rack. When I fitted the deluxe seat I used some synthetic leather with felt pads to keep it from messing up the fender. Good to hear the rack has a similar design. After these tank emblems it's the next thing on my todo list. Sacrificing comfort and function for cool first. . Gotta have priorities.

Old 10-18-2015, 08:08 AM
SLV
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Gunnysgt
I have the Motherwell rack and can NOT see any issues with it marking the paint. It has thick dense foam pads under the metal. Wouldn't use it as a seat but it's not designed as a seat.
Thanks. I've seen the material. It's just that Savannah has so much rain and hot humidity that materials tend to rot and fall apart quickly.

It's just a risk I'm not willing to take.

Old 10-18-2015, 08:10 AM
SLV
Elite HDF Member

SLV, ahhh you're in beautiful country too. Charleston and Savannah are favorite haunting grounds for some photo and art work I do. http://www.stuartpresleyphotography.com/p868473312, ok mostly Charleston as I haven't gotten down to Savannah in a long while.

Wow. Really nice art.

Old 10-18-2015, 08:41 AM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by SLV
Thanks. I've seen the material. It's just that Savannah has so much rain and hot humidity that materials tend to rot and fall apart quickly.

It's just a risk I'm not willing to take.
Probaly that thinner neoprene material that is designed that way so that its descrete to some.
Can be replaced with better material or just replaced when needed.

Old 10-18-2015, 10:40 AM
SLV
Elite HDF Member

I keep forgetting to post the pics. Hill Country Customs bobber mirrors from Amazon. Less than $20 each, but seem to be well made. So far, so good.

I want some simple covers for the brake and clutch reservoirs, but I can only find them for the brake side. The seem to be mirror image parts.

Old 10-18-2015, 10:55 AM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

I love those mirrors. Thanks for sharing. So if you don't mind, I'm off to get me two (:

Quick Reply: S-Series - Home Base