Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S-Series - Home Base

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2015, 05:41 AM
paullavery
Road Master
Received 111 Likes on 79 Posts

[QUOTE=This Mustang seat is much much better. In addition to being more comfortable, it has a more pronounced lower back support which is helpful when I grab a big handful of throttle.[/QUOTE]

Looks good & there is certainly plenty of throttle on these S models.

Old 10-16-2015, 06:34 AM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunnysgt
Yes that is a brand new Mustang solo. Put it on today. I liked the looks of the stock seat but at 230 lbs, it was like sitting on a brick covered with a towel for me on long rides. This Mustang seat is much much better. In addition to being more comfortable, it has a more pronounced lower back support which is helpful when I grab a big handful of throttle.

Good stuff. Mustang makes some nice products. It looks good on your bike too.

Maybe I missed it, but what horn cover is that? Simple things like that really set-off the retro vibe.

Old 10-16-2015, 08:24 AM
SG_Jim
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunnysgt
Yes that is a brand new Mustang solo. Put it on today. I liked the looks of the stock seat but at 230 lbs, it was like sitting on a brick covered with a towel for me on long rides. This Mustang seat is much much better. In addition to being more comfortable, it has a more pronounced lower back support which is helpful when I grab a big handful of throttle.
I have a Mustang solo on my Street Glide that I am very happy with. I might just get another solo for the Slim. I agree with you, the stock seat is not very comfortable. Nice looking bike Gunny.

Old 10-17-2015, 09:13 AM
paullavery
Road Master

Got the mustang seat fitted this morning then went out for a ride, was a bit cold 12'C but at least it was dry.

Stopped of for some fish & chips on the way home & got a pic alongside one of our iconic 4x4's the Army spec 90 defender.

Old 10-17-2015, 09:33 AM
SLV
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by paullavery
Got the mustang seat fitted this morning then went out for a ride, was a bit cold 12'C but at least it was dry.

Stopped of for some fish & chips on the way home & got a pic alongside one of our iconic 4x4's the Army spec 90 defender.

That seat looks nice on the S. It looks more comfortable than stock by a good amount.

Defenders are cool. When I lived in Tokyo, my neighbor had a civilian defender. Manual transmission, six cylinder, very basic interior. It was the real deal off-road vehicle. Super low hearing and all torque.

He drove it to the grocery store every Saturday and to the beach once a year.

Old 10-17-2015, 09:38 AM
SLV
Elite HDF Member

I had the extra shifter (from the heel/toe setup) powder coated when I had the air cleaner cover coated. As I started to install it, I thought I should make the other parts black.

A little sanding, self-etching primer, and gloss black paint took care of the shift linkage, shift lever and the little cap on the spline.

Old 10-17-2015, 10:38 AM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member
Received 561 Likes on 272 Posts

That's one of the first things I did to mine, got rid of most of the shiny stuff. Krylon super Max paint works well. This pic still has the leather swingarm bag and oem seat but the shifter etc shows. I considered the Mustang wide Tripper as well when I bought my seat for the Slim. I have the Wider tripper on my Road Glide but the wider vintage solo won the toss.

Last edited by Gunnysgt; 10-17-2015 at 10:41 AM.
Old 10-17-2015, 10:40 AM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,354 Likes on 982 Posts

Originally Posted by SLV
I had the extra shifter (from the heel/toe setup) powder coated when I had the air cleaner cover coated. As I started to install it, I thought I should make the other parts black.
A little sanding, self-etching primer, and gloss black paint took care of the shift linkage, shift lever and the little cap on the spline.

Looks good. Which "cap" did you use for the splined shifter shaft ?

thanks!

T.

Old 10-17-2015, 10:55 AM
wachuko
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts

Done!

Last edited by wachuko; 10-17-2015 at 10:57 AM.
Old 10-17-2015, 12:12 PM
paullavery
Road Master

There's definately some cracking looking S's on this thread, need to black out a few parts over the winter.

Been looking for some round mirrors to replace the stock ones, does anyone know what the stock thread size is ? Have found some nice round black ones but the thread on the base is a Standard M10x1.25

I know Harley is all imperial but thinking I could tap it to the right size.

Quick Reply: S-Series - Home Base