Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S-Series - Home Base

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2015, 06:11 PM
wachuko
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Gunnysgt

My new swingarm bag
That is very cool!!!!

Old 10-15-2015, 06:53 PM
Sticks24
Road Warrior
Received 382 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by SLV
Yes sir. Just a cover with one center screw. The filter is underneath and has three screws. 5m swap for both parts.
The stock one looks like it was designed to take in more are, because of the engine mods from the factory. Doesn't putting the new one on change that?

Old 10-15-2015, 07:28 PM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member
Received 561 Likes on 272 Posts

I used the leather swingarm bag as a template and mounted the ammo can onto the frame with hose clamps thru the can. It's solid, not going anywhere. I did put adhesive back foam on the back of the can to protect the frame paint.

Old 10-15-2015, 08:06 PM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

That K&N high flow filter may cause more harm than good with out a re map of the ecm or an after market fuel management system.
That is a fact if the K&N will introduce more air to fuel ratios makng the already lean mixture leaner than stock

Old 10-15-2015, 08:34 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Sticks24
The stock one looks like it was designed to take in more are, because of the engine mods from the factory. Doesn't putting the new one on change that?
Surprisingly, the stock one is only open at the front screen area which is about 3.5" by 1.5" or so. The one I installed is entirely open across the bottom, about 7" X 2". The stick one faces forward, but it had a rubber spacer inside that forces the air into the narrow passages around between the filter and shell. The new one clearly has more open area.

Originally Posted by splattttttt
That K&N high flow filter may cause more harm than good with out a re map of the ecm or an after market fuel management system.
That is a fact if the K&N will introduce more air to fuel ratios makng the already lean mixture leaner than stock
Maybe. The intake is already high-flow. The K&N filter is just a different element material. Either way, I use the PowerVision.

Old 10-15-2015, 09:57 PM
SG_Jim
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunnysgt

My new swingarm bag
Looks like a new Mustang seat. How do you like it?

Old 10-16-2015, 01:54 AM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

SLV not tryin to bust yer ***** brother. But the MOCO is not gonna sell you a highflo A/C with out already some corresponding tune to your electronic control module (ECM) because the EPA wont let them, even if they wanted to. Its law.
It is okay to add an after market fuel manegement system with a stock A/C with the hope that a provision was installed or otherwise what's the point of adding one.
But with that K&N in it now, you can expect at least 75% more air mixing with your fuel. Which will further enhance a leaner mixture.
Get a re map to go with the K&N and it will pay off in huje dividends as soon as the first time you crack the throttle
And ride safe

Old 10-16-2015, 04:27 AM
Stiletto68
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That looks cool!!!

Old 10-16-2015, 04:48 AM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by splattttttt
SLV not tryin to bust yer ***** brother. But the MOCO is not gonna sell you a highflo A/C with out already some corresponding tune to your electronic control module (ECM) because the EPA wont let them, even if they wanted to. Its law.
It is okay to add an after market fuel manegement system with a stock A/C with the hope that a provision was installed or otherwise what's the point of adding one.
But with that K&N in it now, you can expect at least 75% more air mixing with your fuel. Which will further enhance a leaner mixture.
Get a re map to go with the K&N and it will pay off in huje dividends as soon as the first time you crack the throttle
And ride safe
Spattttttt,
I already have the PowerVision tuner. I tuned the bike several times when it was breaking in, then several more after installing the slip-ons, then again after changing the filter. Trust me, it's not running lean or in need of more tuning at this time.

Old 10-16-2015, 05:14 AM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member
Received 561 Likes on 272 Posts

Yes that is a brand new Mustang solo. Put it on today. I liked the looks of the stock seat but at 230 lbs, it was like sitting on a brick covered with a towel for me on long rides. This Mustang seat is much much better. In addition to being more comfortable, it has a more pronounced lower back support which is helpful when I grab a big handful of throttle.

Quick Reply: S-Series - Home Base