Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S-Series - Home Base

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2018 | 11:38 AM
Sparky357
Road Master

Originally Posted by tmac00333
2017 Fatboy S. This is my third Fatboy and my favorite. I love it. HOWEVER, she do run hot!

Any of you S owners running an oil cooler? If so, what kind and how much of a difference does it make?

I'm thinking about the HD cooler. I had one on a previous Fatboy and it worked pretty good. However, on this Fatboy, it would be the side mount because of the position of the ABS. Seems like the side mount might be a little more efficient since it's sticking out there in the wind.

I don't want to start a whole thing of "Dude, you don't need an oil cooler" kind of thread. I'd just like a little help from anybody who's running one. Thanks in advance...
I wish the HD one had fan assist,might rig one up on it. That along with mighty mites should cool it down some also by with tuning.

Old 07-12-2018 | 07:09 PM
Ice-Child
Intermediate

I snagged the first one in the area. Was fixing to buy one when the dealership I deal with told me if I could wait I could get one with everything I wanted already on it. I ordered it that day. When he asked if I wanted it in vivid or demin, I said "black works". She got dropped at my house with 3 miles on her. Since then I have done a ton of work. She is my torque monster, the wife calls her my mistress

The day she showed up in my driveway. That's the Watterkotte Harley (now Roadhouse Harley) delivery truck behind the car.

Current state at a car truck and bike show about a month ago. 20 or so bikes I finished 3rd.

Old 08-22-2018 | 05:39 PM
Slim110
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Slim110
A few minor upgrades since last pic. New mustang seat and Arlen Ness heavy breather.

Old 08-23-2018 | 07:20 AM
tmac00333
Grand HDF Member

Loving my Fatboy S. Took the wife on a long trip to Biloxi a while back. She never complained, a rarity for her. Says she never got tired or uncomfortable.

You can tour with this brute or just cruise. The cruise control REALLY helps on long trips. I got three windshields and two different seats, so I can switch around the looks. Stripped down bare-bones or loaded for travel.

The 110 is a screamer. My indy mechanic rode it the other day and when he got back he grinned like a possum eating a sweet potato and said "I'm glad this isn't mine, I'd get in a lot of trouble with this bike."

I'll be holding on to this one for a while.

Here's the day I bought it:

And here's a recent pic

Old 08-23-2018 | 04:40 PM
riknbeth
Road Master

Our Fatboy S has been sitting in the garage since I got a Limited. The Fatboy is awesome just do not need two bikes. I posted on Craigslist for $15.2K with less than 2K miles (bags and windscreen). I believe that is a very fair price but we are in no hurry to sell so not interested in going any lower. Any ideas on best ways to sell a Harley? Thanks in advance.

Old 08-23-2018 | 05:12 PM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by riknbeth
Our Fatboy S has been sitting in the garage since I got a Limited. The Fatboy is awesome just do not need two bikes. I posted on Craigslist for $15.2K with less than 2K miles (bags and windscreen). I believe that is a very fair price but we are in no hurry to sell so not interested in going any lower. Any ideas on best ways to sell a Harley? Thanks in advance.
I'm starting to see alot of these types of posts. Just to be honest, with the new softails M8 engine/suspension improvements/cooler running,
I would personally rather buy a brand new bike... Again, just being honest.

good luck,

T.

Old 08-23-2018 | 06:36 PM
Sparky357
Road Master

Originally Posted by riknbeth
Patience my dealer just sold a ‘17 with not that much add ons as yours for 19k, the new bikes are not flying out the door. I’m thinking the seller got 16 or 17k for it. I would hang in there somebody is looking for that bike and try Facebook Fatboy pages.

Last edited by Sparky357; 08-23-2018 at 10:00 PM.
Old 08-23-2018 | 07:09 PM
Slim110
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Sparky357

I think they are because their is no option for upgraded mufflers for 110 S Series.
Do you know if there are any after market baffles that will go into the original mufflers? thinking of putting my factory exhaust system back on but need it to breath a bit better due to the motor upgrades

Old 08-23-2018 | 09:59 PM
Sparky357
Road Master

Originally Posted by Slim110
Do you know if there are any after market baffles that will go into the original mufflers? thinking of putting my factory exhaust system back on but need it to breath a bit better due to the motor upgrades
Can’t say I do because their isn’t a removable baffle in the stock exhaust.

Old 08-23-2018 | 10:01 PM
riknbeth
Road Master

Originally Posted by Sparky357
Patience my dealer just sold a ‘17 with not that much add ons as yours for 19k, the new bikes are not flying out the door. I’m thinking the seller got 16 or 17k for it. I would hang in there somebody is looking for that bike and try Facebook Fatboy pages.
Good to know. Thanks.

Quick Reply: S-Series - Home Base