Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S-Series - Home Base

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2017 | 03:17 PM
Sticks24
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by abadley
Saying goodbye to my 16' Fat Boy S. It's over in classifieds.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/motor...l#post16589161
Trading for?

Old 08-31-2017 | 03:28 PM
abadley
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Sticks24
Trading for?
115 Anniversary edition Fat Boy.

Old 08-31-2017 | 04:16 PM
Fatboy16S
Cruiser

Saying goodbye to my 16' Fat Boy S. It's over in classifieds.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/motor...l#post16589161
What did you buy that was so much better than the S? I test rode a few bikes last weekend at a HD truck Demo event. One was the Fat Bob, which was a fun ride, but not something I would want to have in the stable. One was the FB with the 114, but it wasn't enough to make me give up my S. It did have better low end torque, but after riding all the different bikes, I jumped on my S to go home and realized I love mine way more than any of the new line up. Even rode a street glide special with the 114 and hated it. Felt like I was in a car with the top down. I guess I'm just getting old and stuck in my ways. Gonna keep her forever and maybe take a look at a touring in 5 years as an extra bike? I went into it with an open mind thinking if I like one better, I would consider getting rid of my S, kinda glad I din't like the new ones. To each their own!

Old 08-31-2017 | 06:03 PM
CVOJOE
Road Captain

America has always loved big motors in small packages, our S Series bikes fit that to the T. I'm not saying anything at all to discount the technological advantages of the new bikes. But I absolutely love the sound of the 110 ci Twin Cam motor. Everybody has to make their own decisions based on their own likes and preferences. I not only have what I want, I want what I have. The 2017 was the best decision for me and that's not going to fit the bill for everybody and that's OK. Let's ride baby, Lets ride

Old 09-01-2017 | 06:54 AM
tmac00333
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by CVOJOE
America has always loved big motors in small packages, our S Series bikes fit that to the T. I'm not saying anything at all to discount the technological advantages of the new bikes. But I absolutely love the sound of the 110 ci Twin Cam motor. Everybody has to make their own decisions based on their own likes and preferences. I not only have what I want, I want what I have. The 2017 was the best decision for me and that's not going to fit the bill for everybody and that's OK. Let's ride baby, Lets ride
I heard that!

Old 10-25-2017 | 07:38 PM
Michael208
Intermediate

Originally Posted by adam072987
My mods for my Slim S. Added ammo can saddle bags and passing light trim rings today. Last thing for next year will be a full exhaust and tuner.

This summer I had Custom dynamics License plate and fender strut lights, Thunderbike front turn signals, Innovv K1 Moto camera system, had seat redone by Mean City Cylces,new battery box and a Anti Gravity 720cca battery

Curious as to why one can has the latch facing back and the other can, the latch is facing forward and not back, so that both match? Are they just standard ammo cans? the bracket should mount on either side of the can?

Old 10-27-2017 | 03:47 PM
Bentley16fbs
Advanced

Couple of mine, 16 FB S the day i bought and about a month ago. Really love this bike, Haven't changed much yet, did the sissy bar and tallboy seat, swing arm and handlebar bag, FP3, and the bullet fairing. Trying to decide what pipes i want, and really dont think ill be changing much else, maybe some bar risers. first harley ive had where i have not felt the need to change a ton of stuff, moco really did a nice job on all the S-series bikes i think.

Old 10-27-2017 | 04:09 PM
abadley
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Bentley16fbs

Couple of mine, 16 FB S the day i bought and about a month ago. Really love this bike, Haven't changed much yet, did the sissy bar and tallboy seat, swing arm and handlebar bag, FP3, and the bullet fairing. Trying to decide what pipes i want, and really dont think ill be changing much else, maybe some bar risers. first harley ive had where i have not felt the need to change a ton of stuff, moco really did a nice job on all the S-series bikes i think.
Looks great! I like the look of the bullet fairing. Do you have a picture of it head on and a side view?

Old 10-27-2017 | 06:39 PM
Bentley16fbs
Advanced

Looks great! I like the look of the bullet fairing. Do you have a picture of it head on and a side view?
Thanks!

Sorry for the giant pictures lol, not sure how to resize without photobucket . It really changes the look of the whole bike i think, on top of making highway riding enjoyable again lol.

Old 10-27-2017 | 06:49 PM
abadley
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Bentley16fbs
Thanks!

Sorry for the giant pictures lol, not sure how to resize without photobucket . It really changes the look of the whole bike i think, on top of making highway riding enjoyable again lol.
It really changes the look of the bike! I think I like it! I have a 16" long ride shields on mine and I'm not a huge fan of the looks. Hows the protection? You said it makes highway riding more enjoyable. Is it a Memphis Shades? Did you powdercoat the brackets or do they come black? Is it quick detach? Sorry for all of the questions!

The following users liked this post:
Bentley16fbs (10-28-2017)

Quick Reply: S-Series - Home Base