Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S-Series - Home Base

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2017 | 04:04 PM
mwwelch
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by mofomojo
Ok, we finally had a break in the weather so here she is with new wings, fangs, and pointer cover. The fangs still need to be powder coated. That will happen over the winter.

Hey mofomojo, nice bike! I have a 2016 Softail Slim S in Vivid Black and like what you've done. I know this is an older post, but unfortunately, I couldn't find anything regarding what seat you have installed in those photos? I assume it is customized?

I've put on over 5,000 miles on the stock seat, but find longer distances a little challenging. I'm not sure if it's the seat, lack of windshield, or both, but I'm ready to try and find out.

Also, I was wondering what windshield you went with? I've been debating on whether to go with something like the one in your photo, or the "H-D Detachables Wind Splitter Vented Windshield (Part Number 57400159)". I had a detachable windshield on an Iron 883 for winter riding, but hated how loud the wind sounded.

Again, great looking bike and thanks in advance for any input/responses.

Old 04-27-2017 | 09:35 AM
tmac00333
Grand HDF Member
Default Sweet Ride

Here it is as it sat at the dealer right before I bought it and then afterward with a few changes. I finally passed the 500-mile mark the other day and let loose the hounds.

She's a screamer!

I had a 2012 Fatboy Lo previously and you can definitely tell the difference.

Attached Thumbnails S-Series - Home Base-img_1507.jpg   S-Series - Home Base-img_1517.jpg  
Old 04-27-2017 | 08:22 PM
SLV
|
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by tmac00333
Here it is as it sat at the dealer right before I bought it and then afterward with a few changes. I finally passed the 500-mile mark the other day and let loose the hounds.

She's a screamer!

I had a 2012 Fatboy Lo previously and you can definitely tell the difference.
Your bike looks nice. I love that look on a Fat Boy.. it looks natural. I like that the exhaust isn't black too.

Old 04-28-2017 | 07:31 AM
tmac00333
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by SLV
Your bike looks nice. I love that look on a Fat Boy.. it looks natural. I like that the exhaust isn't black too.
Thanks! I had the apes, seat and exhaust on the '12 fatboy I traded in, so I made the dealer move all of them to the new bike. They didn't like it, but they did it.

Two days ago, I put a HD Wind-splitter windshield on. I'm not sure about the looks yet, but I like the way to cuts the buffeting.

Old 04-28-2017 | 08:08 AM
abadley
Road Captain

Originally Posted by tmac00333
Thanks! I had the apes, seat and exhaust on the '12 fatboy I traded in, so I made the dealer move all of them to the new bike. They didn't like it, but they did it.

Two days ago, I put a HD Wind-splitter windshield on. I'm not sure about the looks yet, but I like the way to cuts the buffeting.
Nice looking bike! Got a pic with the Wind-splitter?

Old 04-28-2017 | 07:42 PM
tmac00333
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by abadley
Nice looking bike! Got a pic with the Wind-splitter?
I'll try to get one up there soon. It looks good profile, but not so good full frontal, if you know what I mean.

Old 05-13-2017 | 05:41 PM
tmac00333
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by gregeinsc
2017 Fatboy S, purchased in January. When I went to the dealer to get the bike I noticed they had it in the corner with a tender plugged in to the wall, but NOT plugged in to the bike. After a couple of weeks started to notice that the bike would hang in the morning when starting. It would make about one rotation, hang, two rotations, start. I figured "bad battery, I will change it when it gets worse". Not the first time I bought a new bike with a crap battery.

This morning, riding to work, got stuck BAD traffic; bike is cooking. So I turn it off during the red light. Light changes to green and I go to start it and these two things happened almost simultaneously:
1. Motor turns one rotation and hangs.
2. Loud bang in the primary as if it was struck full force with a ball-peen hammer.
Still holding the start button, and nothing is happening. Released the button and pressed it again, bike starts without issue.

This is my fourth Harley Davidson, third Twin Cam, and I swear this bike RUNS rougher than any other Twin Cam I have had or rode. I am planning on taking it in for a look, but i know damned well I am going to get told that "we couldn't recreate the issue, starts fine for us". So have any of you S 110 owners had any issues starting/cranking/running, anything? Thanks in advance for your input.
I have a 2017 Fatboy S with about 700 miles on it no problem with the stock battery yet. I keep it on a tender.

However, my previous bike, a 2012 Fatboy Lo, I had starting problems. The HD battery just didn't seem powerful enough. I switched to an Odyssey, kept it on a tender and never had a problem. Well, actually the only problem I had was having to buy an Odyssey tender to go with the battery, another friggin' 100 dollars. Still it was worth it. I may end up switching back to Odyssey, I highly recommend the battery.

Old 05-13-2017 | 06:01 PM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by gregeinsc
2017 Fatboy S, purchased in January. When I went to the dealer to get the bike I noticed they had it in the corner with a tender plugged in to the wall, but NOT plugged in to the bike. After a couple of weeks started to notice that the bike would hang in the morning when starting. It would make about one rotation, hang, two rotations, start. I figured "bad battery, I will change it when it gets worse". Not the first time I bought a new bike with a crap battery.

This morning, riding to work, got stuck BAD traffic; bike is cooking. So I turn it off during the red light. Light changes to green and I go to start it and these two things happened almost simultaneously:
1. Motor turns one rotation and hangs.
2. Loud bang in the primary as if it was struck full force with a ball-peen hammer.
Still holding the start button, and nothing is happening. Released the button and pressed it again, bike starts without issue.

This is my fourth Harley Davidson, third Twin Cam, and I swear this bike RUNS rougher than any other Twin Cam I have had or rode. I am planning on taking it in for a look, but i know damned well I am going to get told that "we couldn't recreate the issue, starts fine for us". So have any of you S 110 owners had any issues starting/cranking/running, anything? Thanks in advance for your input.
maybe the bike no like your ****. Or just some bad **** Karma?
Work on it

Old 05-13-2017 | 08:24 PM
abadley
Road Captain

I just can't get enough of this Fat Boy S. I bought it in late December here in Michigan and had to put away for the winter. I was having buyers remorse all winter and kept looking at different models. Well now that I'm finally able to get it out and log some miles I love this bike. I've done a few mods...Rush slip-on's with 1.75" baffles, K&N filter and tuned with FP3 tuner. Bike sounds awesome and runs better then stock! I love this bike!!

Old 05-13-2017 | 10:17 PM
gregeinsc
Road Captain

Originally Posted by splattttttt
maybe the bike no like your ****. Or just some bad **** Karma?
Work on it
Yet another shining example of your $hit for brains responses. Don't you have some @$$ to kiss somewhere on the forums? Probably been a while since you planted a sloppy wet one on Ink's cheeks. Now head on over to his build thread and do what you do best.

Last edited by gregeinsc; 05-14-2017 at 09:09 AM.

Quick Reply: S-Series - Home Base