Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S-Series - Home Base

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2016, 11:09 PM
HenryT
Road Master
Received 74 Likes on 61 Posts

Yeah FYI smelling fuel from your bike is NOT normal...nothing like that from my non Cal emissions bike, wonder what's wrong?

Old 10-24-2016, 05:51 AM
EagleRay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by SLV
It's common. I've always been under the impression that the fuel tank keeps venting after shutoff due to the hot engine just below it.

California bikes come with a carbon canister on the vent to prevent such emissions. I'm not sure how well they work.

FWIW, my sportster did the same thing and it didn't have a dash or any gasket on the tank.
When my Breakout was still black I experienced something similar. After fuelIng the bike up all the way to the top and letting it rest in the summer sun for more than 1 hour there was a spot of fuel accumulating under the bike. Obviously some fuel pushed through the vent line when the tank got hot.

Old 10-26-2016, 12:27 PM
sevebou63
Tourer
Received 84 Likes on 66 Posts

Couldn't be happier!!!

Attached Thumbnails S-Series - Home Base-img_20161025_112356866.jpg   S-Series - Home Base-img_20161025_112423379.jpg  
Old 10-27-2016, 09:03 PM
praztek
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I installed the following on my Softail Slim S, and noticed when the right side board is folded up it touches the exhaust. Does anyone have the part number for an extension ?
50932-08 KIT, SOFTAIL PNGR FOOTPEG SUPRT, BLACK
50500124MINI FOOTBOARD,BLACK,LRG

Old 10-28-2016, 11:09 AM
praztek
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by praztek
I installed the following on my Softail Slim S, and noticed when the right side board is folded up it touches the exhaust. Does anyone have the part number for an extension ?
50932-08 KIT, SOFTAIL PNGR FOOTPEG SUPRT, BLACK
50500124MINI FOOTBOARD,BLACK,LRG
I went ahead an used a spacer and longer bolt ,problem fixed !

Old 11-06-2016, 07:45 AM
wachuko
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts

Changed oil in all three holes with HD Syn3. Using the supplies I had from prior bikes, only had chromed HD filter (will use those until I run out and then buy black ones).

I noticed that there is an open recall on it... need to make an appointment to get that done.

Son sat on it to test it out...he is looking forward to when he gets his motorcycle endorsement (he is still 2 years out, lol). This will become his bike...

On other news, I just got a Triumph Thruxton R (I go to pick it up on Friday or Saturday)

Last edited by wachuko; 11-06-2016 at 07:53 AM.
Old 11-06-2016, 08:19 AM
Sticks24
Road Warrior
Received 382 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by wachuko
Changed oil in all three holes with HD Syn3. Using the supplies I had from prior bikes, only had chromed HD filter (will use those until I run out and then buy black ones).

I noticed that there is an open recall on it... need to make an appointment to get that done.

Son sat on it to test it out...he is looking forward to when he gets his motorcycle endorsement (he is still 2 years out, lol). This will become his bike...

On other news, I just got a Triumph Thruxton R (I go to pick it up on Friday or Saturday)

Hope you can find insurance for him. Insurance companies don't like insuring anyone under 25 up here, on motorcycles. They wanted $6,000 for my 21 year old, and he has been dirt biking since he was 5, and has done the bike coarse.

Nice new bike. Me thinks you are a fickle bike owner.

Just wanted to add, that the new bike is going to be very uncomfortable compared to the slim.

Last edited by Sticks24; 11-06-2016 at 08:41 AM.
Old 11-06-2016, 08:43 AM
wachuko
Outstanding HDF Member
Smile

Originally Posted by Sticks24
...Me thinks you are a fickle bike owner.
At first, yeah... but I am learning... this is it for me... Slim S is not going anywhere and I am done with the mods as well (except for the matching tan leather tank strap)... Always wanted a Triumph. Made the mistake of test riding one last Saturday and that gave me the push I did not need to get one... after several rounds with the wife , she agreed to let me get it...

Like I said, done with bikes. Will keep these two forever! Wife can use the Slim S when going riding with me as she would never be a passenger...

Old 11-06-2016, 10:26 AM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,360 Likes on 986 Posts

Originally Posted by wachuko
At first, yeah... but I am learning... this is it for me... Slim S is not going anywhere and I am done with the mods as well (except for the matching tan leather tank strap)... Always wanted a Triumph. Made the mistake of test riding one last Saturday and that gave me the push I did not need to get one... after several rounds with the wife , she agreed to let me get it...

Like I said, done with bikes. Will keep these two forever! Wife can use the Slim S when going riding with me as she would never be a passenger...

Hmm... seems like at one point you were going to get a Duci bike.
What changed your mind?

T.

Old 11-06-2016, 12:12 PM
wachuko
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by WKNDS
Hmm... seems like at one point you were going to get a Duci bike.
What changed your mind?

T.
I have CF parts still stored for one. But that would be too much $ in bikes for me. Had a scare at work...

This will be it. Need to finish the car projects

Quick Reply: S-Series - Home Base