Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S-Series - Home Base

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 08:17 AM
Sticks24
Road Warrior
Received 382 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by paullavery
Great looking mods to your ride.

Had a chilly ride on mine today down to Goodwood, there is always something going on there at the weekend & often get to see their spitfire out the hanger.
Thanks Paul! It was 22 here yesterday, and I got too much sun on our ride. Time for sunscreen.

Old 04-18-2016, 02:34 PM
Vision
Road Captain
Received 109 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by SLV
That is a sweet setup right out of the gate. It looks "right." The only thing I'd do is move the turn signals to the triple tree area. That's not a criticism, just one additional change I'd make if I had a badass Fatboy like that. Congratulations.

Your mod list reminds me of my Street Bob that I ordered from H-D1 then had a bunch of stuff installed before delivery (including 16" apes.)

I put about 20k miles on that bike in 18 months, sold it to move overseas for, what was supposed to be a few years, and ended up coming home after 6 months. I regret selling that bike. I don't regret my Slim S though, so all is good.

If I ever get tired of the S Olive Gold, I'll paint my bike Candy Orange in honor of the Street Bob (and because that color is cool as hell.)
Thanks SLV!

I thought about the signal light placement also and talked with the tech about it. he would have been able to relocate them, but the custom dynamics halo rings inside the turn signals double as running lights at night and are a perfecte match to the halo on the head lamp. It actually looks like a face when lit. It's pretty cool looking. I read an article not long ago that did a study on bike lighting. What they found was that creating a face with lights in the front of the bike, not only make you more visible, but equally as important, help oncoming vehicles to gauge your speed better by a pretty good percentage. I'm hoping that the're right! lol!

Old 04-18-2016, 03:03 PM
Sticks24
Road Warrior

I know I found that the indicators under the bars make great tank crushers. Reason enough for me to move them.

Old 04-18-2016, 03:25 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Sticks24
I know I found that the indicators under the bars make great tank crushers. Reason enough for me to move them.
Vision would have to have a damn big tank lift for his turn signals to hit the tank!

Old 04-18-2016, 04:34 PM
Sticks24
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by SLV
Vision would have to have a damn big tank lift for his turn signals to hit the tank!
Yes, this is true.

Old 04-18-2016, 07:40 PM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,360 Likes on 986 Posts

Originally Posted by splattttttt
R they a direct replacement? Im assuming pads need to match withbthem. Which brand did you use?
Direct, just remove & replace. I used EBC HH pads. Note, this is for
an FLS, I wouldn't replace the caliper/rotor on an FLSS since its already
floating rotor & nice looking caliper.
just an opinion,

T.

The following users liked this post:
splattttttt (04-19-2016)
Old 04-18-2016, 07:55 PM
goormove
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys - great to see a few folks spending time and energy on their S's.
I recently picked up a Fatboy S and have an exhaust question. I bought and installed a set of Rinehart Crossbacks. I love the look and they exceptionally well made. They are just too loud for me. First foremost - anyone hear the Crossbacks and can make a recommendation for something that is deep and a bit quieter without using the stock head pipes? Second - might someone want to trade something quieter but similar powerful with me? PM or email. Look forward to your replies - thanks.

Not my bike - just the stock image of the cross backs...

Old 04-18-2016, 08:17 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

Goormove
You might give a call to Big City Thunder to see if they have baffles that might help. It's worth a shot to save some money.

goormove (04-20-2016)
Old 04-18-2016, 11:23 PM
Vision
Road Captain
Received 109 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by SLV
Goormove
You might give a call to Big City Thunder to see if they have baffles that might help. It's worth a shot to save some money.
I agree, they have their quiet cone tipped baffles.

Last edited by Vision; 04-19-2016 at 08:49 PM.
goormove (04-20-2016)
Old 04-19-2016, 06:19 PM
Sticks24
Road Warrior

Well I got a good phone call today. It has only been a month since I ordered it, but my new tank came in today! The parts guy was concerned that I was doing it myself. It was a bigger job than I thought it would be. The inside of the tank has the float, the pump, the pump filter, two fuel connections, and a few electrical connections. There is a lot going on in there. It all went fine, and the bike looks like new again. Life is good again, for now.

Quick Reply: S-Series - Home Base