Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S-Series - Home Base

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2016 | 04:13 PM
xIceHoundx
Novice

Originally Posted by Hellbilly562
Same here......wanted to delete the fenders but the bike has grown on me in the week since I bought it...you have a link for those signal lights?
I actually just made an offer for a used rear fender with strut supports painted black on ebay and my offer was accepted, so I've got a rear fender to do it now, once it arrives ill get to work bobbing it and see if I can get HD to paint it the olive gold denim color.

Hers the link for those derringer turning signal indicator lights:
http://auto-gem.com/store/product-ca...ringer-lights/

I actually just saw this FLSS on FB a few minutes ago scrolling along and that's another really cool idea for mounting the rear lights to give it a much more bobber style. This way you wouldn't have to spend any money on aftermarket lights and just make use of what you already have.

Old 04-13-2016 | 05:44 PM
gr82bagn
Advanced

Originally Posted by Sticks24
Question for all you S guys and gals. How many of you opted for the extended warranty/with tire and wheel protection. How many years did you go for. I need to make a final decision on this.
I didn't go with the extended warranty/with tire and wheel protection when I bought the bike. I'll wait until I get to the end of the factory warranty and purchase it.

Old 04-13-2016 | 06:00 PM
Detroit Iron
Tourer

About what is the additional markup on an S model over the same bike non S?

Old 04-13-2016 | 07:43 PM
SLV
|
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by xIceHoundx
I actually just made an offer for a used rear fender with strut supports painted black on ebay and my offer was accepted, so I've got a rear fender to do it now, once it arrives ill get to work bobbing it and see if I can get HD to paint it the olive gold denim color.

I actually just saw this FLSS on FB a few minutes ago scrolling along and that's another really cool idea for mounting the rear lights to give it a much more bobber style. This way you wouldn't have to spend any money on aftermarket lights and just make use of what you already have.

That backward image got me all messed up.

The turn signals look good farther forward, but I wonder how visible they are.

Old 04-13-2016 | 07:45 PM
SLV
|
Elite HDF Member

Sticks,
Do the Canadian models have a center tag and tail light like the Street Bob?

Old 04-13-2016 | 08:22 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator

Dang this is the 3rd time my dash has stopped showing the L turn signal and high beam blue light. The second time it's happened right after washing the bike. I use a garden hose with a regular spray nozzle. The lights work I just can't see them light up on the dash.

Back it goes to the dealership for yet another replacement and find out why water is getting in and where.

Old 04-14-2016 | 04:59 AM
SLV
|
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by uklauren
Dang this is the 3rd time my dash has stopped showing the L turn signal and high beam blue light. The second time it's happened right after washing the bike. I use a garden hose with a regular spray nozzle. The lights work I just can't see them light up on the dash.

Back it goes to the dealership for yet another replacement and find out why water is getting in and where.
That sucks. On one hand it sucks to have repetitive issues; but on the other hand, at least you don't have a new issue every few weeks. Once they find the problem, you'll be fixed.

In my experience, one of two areas is getting wet.
The backside of the light panel on the dash, or the connector where the dash panel plugs to the harness. Being it's the same two lights each time, I'm guessing the light panel. Being LED, it probably works once the water is out. This will lead a lazy tech or cheap dealer to just send you on your way.

I think you should:
A) Insist they replace the light panel.
B) watch them put it together.
C) apply dialectic grease to he connection and backside of he light panel.

It's also in your best interest to write an email to HD corporate describing your experience, specifying your dealer, and expressing your disappointment in the premium product. It may seem unanswered, but they will address it with the dealer.

I once had a Street Bob that kept failing the alarm system. The red light would stay lit constantly. The dealer would "fix" it with a new alarm module. A week later, the same thing. I went through three modules before writing to HD. When I took my bike in the fourth time, HD tech services called the dealer within minutes of my VIN entering the service system. The service manager wasn't happy at first, but I figured, F*** him, they had their chance.

As much as I want to have a good relationship with my local service guys, I want quality from my premium priced motorcycle even more. If the dealer can't handle it, elevate it to the next level.

Old 04-14-2016 | 06:46 AM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator

It doesn't dry out and work again, last time it was 2 weeks before I could get to the dealer and it still wasn't working.

I will discuss where the water is leaking with the service manager, it's got to have it's 10k service next week anyhow. I can't put a shower cap on the bike every time I wash it or it rains. They'll have to fix the issue permanently.

Old 04-14-2016 | 10:00 AM
Hellbilly562
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by xIceHoundx

Thanks...I'll check it out. I'm gonna do my bars and exhaust first....then prolly bob it....so many neat ideas out there.....

Old 04-14-2016 | 10:14 AM
Sticks24
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by SLV
Sticks,
Do the Canadian models have a center tag and tail light like the Street Bob?
Yes. Looking at pics of old Harley's from war time, I am thinking that this Ford 1932 tail light is going to look right at home on the bike. It is gloss black, and looks similar to our front headlights. If it looks goofy, I will just move it to the axle shaft, and have the rear fender clean.

Quick Reply: S-Series - Home Base