Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S-Series - Home Base

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 05:12 AM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by zamdam
Anyone know how much the stock exhaust weighs?
I only added Slip-ons. I didn't weight the stock cans, but they are heavy. The Rush Slip-ons. Are somewhat lighter, but not substantially lighter.

Last edited by SLV; 03-30-2016 at 03:07 AM.
Old 03-29-2016, 05:51 AM
Johan96
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Picking her up today :-)

Attached Thumbnails S-Series - Home Base-012.jpg  
Old 03-29-2016, 11:48 AM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Johan96
Picking her up today :-)
Nice. I want to ride it!

Old 03-29-2016, 01:11 PM
Sticks24
Road Warrior
Received 382 Likes on 191 Posts

Well I got my Slim S last week and have only had it out once because of the weather, but I love it. I just wanted to let you guys know about something that unfortunately happened to me, I thought I would share it, so it doesn't happen to you. I had my Slim parked in my barn on Friday. I have been on and off it, just enjoying sitting on it. Saturday morning when I came into the barn I saw my new Slim laying on its side on the plywood floor! I couldn't believe my eyes at first, but there it was. I picked up the bike and first thing I notice is that those lovely under the handle bar turn signals push right into the side of the gas tank, creating a huge dent. Lets just say, I was not a happy camper! Well my next mod was to get them the heck out of there and down one the forks where to me, they look much better anyways. It cost me two bolts, and my time to do it. I also put on the nostalgic grips, which go great with the stock seat cover detail.

Yes I have ordered a new, very expensive tank for the bike, that will be 8 to 10 weeks getting here. I guess I will have a spare tank to do something unique with. Anyways, lesson learned. I have no idea how the bike tipped over, but I am very careful now with how I put the kickstand down. On my other bikes the kickstand goes past 90 degrees. On the Harley, not so much. Now I have tried to push the bike off of the stand, but with no success. Guess it was an act of GOD, probably trying to teach me a lesson, that this is just a thing, and that I should not get too attached to it.

Old 03-29-2016, 03:36 PM
Johan96
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Raining like hell and only 5 celsius. Looking forward to apes. The stock Seat sucks.Cool to be back on a softail ��

Old 03-29-2016, 03:58 PM
Rocket Rider
Tourer
Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Sticks24
Well I got my Slim S last week and have only had it out once because of the weather, but I love it. I just wanted to let you guys know about something that unfortunately happened to me, I thought I would share it, so it doesn't happen to you. I had my Slim parked in my barn on Friday. I have been on and off it, just enjoying sitting on it. Saturday morning when I came into the barn I saw my new Slim laying on its side on the plywood floor! I couldn't believe my eyes at first, but there it was. I picked up the bike and first thing I notice is that those lovely under the handle bar turn signals push right into the side of the gas tank, creating a huge dent. Lets just say, I was not a happy camper! Well my next mod was to get them the heck out of there and down one the forks where to me, they look much better anyways. It cost me two bolts, and my time to do it. I also put on the nostalgic grips, which go great with the stock seat cover detail.

Yes I have ordered a new, very expensive tank for the bike, that will be 8 to 10 weeks getting here. I guess I will have a spare tank to do something unique with. Anyways, lesson learned. I have no idea how the bike tipped over, but I am very careful now with how I put the kickstand down. On my other bikes the kickstand goes past 90 degrees. On the Harley, not so much. Now I have tried to push the bike off of the stand, but with no success. Guess it was an act of GOD, probably trying to teach me a lesson, that this is just a thing, and that I should not get too attached to it.
Sorry to hear about your bad experience, but it sounds like you have a good attitude about it! I checked my handlebars when I first bought mine, and yes, there was very little room between the bars and tank at full extension. I went ahead and rotated the handlebars up a little bit to increase the gap. Thanks for sharing.

Old 03-29-2016, 04:29 PM
Sticks24
Road Warrior
Received 382 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocket Rider
Sorry to hear about your bad experience, but it sounds like you have a good attitude about it! I checked my handlebars when I first bought mine, and yes, there was very little room between the bars and tank at full extension. I went ahead and rotated the handlebars up a little bit to increase the gap. Thanks for sharing.
Your welcome Rocket! To be clear when the bike fell on its side the indicator got rotated and pushed into the tank. The indicator bodies are metal, and didn't get a scratch, but pushed a large dent into the tank.

Old 03-29-2016, 10:15 PM
zamdam
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just wondering if you guys got a 2016 FLSS Owners manual? They gave me a 2015 Softail Owners manual..

Old 03-29-2016, 10:28 PM
gr82bagn
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by zamdam
Just wondering if you guys got a 2016 FLSS Owners manual? They gave me a 2015 Softail Owners manual..
I got a 2016 Softail Owner's manual. Includes information on all the options on the FLSS

Last edited by gr82bagn; 03-30-2016 at 07:08 AM.
Old 03-29-2016, 10:44 PM
zamdam
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gr82bagn
I got a 2026 Softail Owner's manual. Includes information on all the options on the FLSS
I'm guessing you meant 2016.. Looks like I will have to contact my dealer and get the correct book..

Thanks

Quick Reply: S-Series - Home Base