Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S-Series - Home Base

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2016 | 09:13 PM
gr82bagn
Advanced

Originally Posted by Sticks24
Well It was a long wait, but my bike was finally delivered today. I really love the look of this bike. Of course we had a snow storm today, so I can't even ride it yet, but I can sit on it and make motor noises.
Congratulations! Enjoy the bike, I know I am....

Old 03-23-2016 | 09:27 PM
Unclesams_Slim
Cruiser

Originally Posted by SLV
Nice bike!

How is riding on that seat setup? It looks great and I'm thinking that a pogo seat is going to be next for my bike.

Old 03-23-2016 | 10:05 PM
SLV
|
Elite HDF Member

It's very comfortable, but the best part is sitting up high and not having my knees bent so much.

Old 03-24-2016 | 08:47 AM
Sticks24
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by SLV
Very cool. Congratulations. It's officially Spring, so you'll have good weather soon.
Thanks SLV! There is a couple of inches of snow on the ground today, but the forecast shows sun and higher temps. Unfortunately there will be salt on the roads again.

Thanks for the info guys, on the reflectors. The rears pulled off easy, leaving all the backing. I heated up the glue and rolled it off with my fingers. The fronts did not want to come easily. I put some nylon string just behind the top of them, put a glove on, and pulled. They would fly off in a hurry with much pulling force, but left the 3M tape behind. Luckily the tape pealed away in one piece with care. My first mod!

Old 03-24-2016 | 09:38 AM
Sticks24
Road Warrior

Nice pics SLV. I am still having trouble falling in love with the look of the pogo seat. I know it is what they had years ago, but I really like the low slung look of the stock seat. I will use it for a while and try and decide what to do. What ever I do, I think I want to make it easy to switch between seats. Maybe a spring seat for distance, and a stock look for around town.

Old 03-24-2016 | 09:43 AM
paullavery
Road Master

[QUOTE=SLV;14970149]A couple hundred miles with the PV autotune running. With the season changing and the baffles burning in, it was time to touch up the tune. It made a big difference actually.

In an attempt to hit all kinds of riding, I took a trip to Fort McAllister. Although Sherman's army finally came and overwhelmed the small confederate force, the fort had been effectively pesky to the union supply chain. The infantry assault of 4000 men finally proved too much for the roughly 120 confederates. The toll was 71 southern and 134 northern souls.

The fort itself is not much more than small wooden magazines and barracks under mounds and scattered about a 40 acre lot along the Ogeechee river, but the strategic location and some big guns prevented supplies from moving on the river.

A good ride, a nice day and some history.

Great pics, wish the weather was like that here. I need to read up on the auto tune, do you just plug it in & away you go ?

Old 03-24-2016 | 09:46 AM
paullavery
Road Master

Originally Posted by Sticks24
Nice pics SLV. I am still having trouble falling in love with the look of the pogo seat. I know it is what they had years ago, but I really like the low slung look of the stock seat. I will use it for a while and try and decide what to do. What ever I do, I think I want to make it easy to switch between seats. Maybe a spring seat for distance, and a stock look for around town.
Congrats on getting your S. I'm really liking the LePera seat i got, you sit nice & low, similar to the stock seat. Hope the weather picks up for you.

Old 03-24-2016 | 09:58 AM
Sticks24
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by paullavery
Congrats on getting your S. I'm really liking the LePera seat i got, you sit nice & low, similar to the stock seat. Hope the weather picks up for you.
Thanks Paul!

This is the aftermarket seat that I like the looks of so far the best. It is supposed to spread your cheeks to spread out the weight on your butt better.

Danny Gray buttcracker seat.

Old 03-24-2016 | 06:54 PM
SLV
|
Elite HDF Member

Paul
For the most part the PV is plug and play. You have to make a few selections each time and get used to some DOS looking screens and inputs, but it's intuitive once you learn the simple process.

Sticks,
I wasn't snooping, the photobucket web page opens when I select pictures in the phone app.

Anyway, I saw your drum kit. Badass kit. I'm a bass player myself. If you have home recording capability and are interested in creating some tunes, check out Kompoz.com. My profile is SLV there too.

Old 03-24-2016 | 07:02 PM
SLV
|
Elite HDF Member

Oops. Forgot a reply.

I get that the pogo seat isn't for everyone. At 6'2", the taller seat is too my advantage. It's surprisingly comfortable and it looks classic at the same time.

If you try a spring seat, take care to find a seat shape that has saddle shape to it. The flat skinny seats might look cool, but they are rarely comfortable.

Quick Reply: S-Series - Home Base