Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pullback Risers on '13 Slim: DIY?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2015 | 08:32 AM
slim_powers
|
Tourer

Whoops, forgot I posted about the bike on the Softail thread. I'm just way too excited to remember it all.

Old 09-14-2015 | 09:12 AM
C908
Road Warrior

Congrats on the new bike, that's one way to fix the problem with the bars. Being a guy 5'7 I can relate what you were dealing with. I had to put 12.5 apes on my 2010 Ultra to eliminate the neck and shoulder strain. I have sit on the new Roadglides and really like the feel of the bars. Hopefully you won't have a problem with wind control on the Roadglide. Some riders say with the fairing farther out they catch to much wind. You may have to change shields but that's no big deal. Enjoy !

Old 09-14-2015 | 10:51 AM
slim_powers
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by C908
Congrats on the new bike, that's one way to fix the problem with the bars. Being a guy 5'7 I can relate what you were dealing with. I had to put 12.5 apes on my 2010 Ultra to eliminate the neck and shoulder strain. I have sit on the new Roadglides and really like the feel of the bars. Hopefully you won't have a problem with wind control on the Roadglide. Some riders say with the fairing farther out they catch to much wind. You may have to change shields but that's no big deal. Enjoy !
Thank you! My SO loves his Klock Werks shield on his Ultra Limited Low so that could be an option in the future. I can play around with the vents as well and see if that will help.

I really liked the placement of the bars on the RGS, too. I come from an equestrian background so it put me in a riding position that my body is already comfortable with and has muscle memory of. I truly felt like I was sitting on a horse, and that is where a lot of my comfort still is. The Heritage bars would have done the same for the Slim, but there is no beating a touring bike when it comes to rider comfort...

Old 09-16-2015 | 03:25 PM
knitski
Cruiser
Default Slim to Touring

I always thought it might be fun to drive a touring bike but at 5'1" I can't even touch the ground on my Hubby's Road Glide. I sat on a Street Glide at the dealers and it's closer but no cigar. I know you can do all the lowering etc but you still have to back into parking places sometimes and they don't come with reverse (yet). My Slim just fits and I'm happy with it.