Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 recall

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 01:27 AM
lionsqrne
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 07 recall

You click on Motorcycles, Service and Maintenance, Service checkup.... and login to pick your bike(s).

Old 05-03-2007, 02:50 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Guess I did it right the first time, but it doesn't show anything, yet.
Has anyone tried putting their VIN# inand seen the notice?

I found the NHTSA notice # 07V173000, if your interested in seeing it you can find it on their web site here;

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/pr...ls/results.cfm

Old 05-03-2007, 09:04 AM
TheGeek
Road Warrior

That's funny, it showed up on my vin#. Guess I'll see the stealer today. Hey Citori, are you having problems with the chrome flaking off your front hub? Mine is, and moco is giving me a hard time, saying it could be the salt air here in FL. BS!

Old 05-03-2007, 10:05 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Nope, outside of the hot running issue they fixed with that ECM download I haven't had any problems with the bike at all.
But its been parked for most of the winter, I'm too old to ride when the temps are at or below freezing.
Besides I believe thatriding something as big and heavy as a Harley on snow and ice is at best bordering on insane.

Old 05-03-2007, 11:17 AM
lionsqrne
Road Warrior

Salt air my a$$.....

Keep on them.

Old 05-03-2007, 12:18 PM
TheGeek
Road Warrior

Thanks guys. I'm hitting the dealer this afternoon and I'll see what they have to say. It better be in my favor!

Old 05-03-2007, 12:37 PM
SCJE8
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey TheGeek...I live in Florida and nothing is peeling or flaking from my Fat Boy! And it better not!

Maybe the concentration of salt in the atmosphere in the area of Florida in which you live, combined with the style of riding that you do during the hours that you do it, with the way that you hold the handlebars when making forward progress, the direction in which your house faces and how the bike is garaged (there is a huge difference when parking between two cars, a car and a truck, and if the bike points out of or in to the garage), and finally adding in a specific depreciation factor for Global Warming based on the latest Al Gore: We'reAll Going To Hell In A Handbasket Charthelps to age, and therefore wear your chrome in a premature manner! And the MoCo does not cover that under warranty! You knew that Geek!

Go get 'em...and keep us posted!

Steve

Old 05-03-2007, 02:16 PM
clueless
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If anyone gets it done please post exactly what they do... just curious what they replace

Old 05-03-2007, 04:13 PM
dmac1968
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Howdy All and greetings from Downunder,

First Post on here. Bought my 07 Fat Boy from a dealer here in Sydney in December. Just bought some forward controls of eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HARLE...QQcmdZViewItem

but when I went to have the dealer fit them they told me that the shifter (when it connects to the rod) hits on the front barrel and so didn't / couldn't fit them. A week after I took the bike home they called me and said they could order a 3" extender kit to move them forward which they believe will stop them hitting on the barrel.

This sounded great until I remembered seeing an ad for the SAME forward controls which had a 2" extension built into them with a warning stating that they may hit the front fender on either the heritage softtail and / or 07 fatboy?!?! Part listed below:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HARLE...QQcmdZViewItem

So I am now left wondering... if there is a warning re. the 2" ones hitting the front fender, what are the chances of the standard ones with the 3" kit not hitting? Anybody fitted these to an 07 fatboy or have any others with the 3" extension kit on an 07 fatboy? Would be really interested to know if they fit prior to dropping the bike back down to them. I had no idea fitting these would be such a hassle.

[IMG]local://upfiles/24695/F6AFD4958DB948D7A121E0B2A08784C6.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-03-2007, 04:43 PM
dmac1968
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello All,

Please excuse my previous off topic post. Had two windows open and pasted the wrong text in. I do however have a question re. factory recall problem.

Did as suggested in this thread and entered my vin number and mileage on HD web site. Came up with the following problem:

0130: RCL:07 SOFTAIL BAT.CABLE/CADDY

This was on the U.S. web site. Could find no such notification or even option to check for such a thing on the Australian web site. Does anybody know of anybody who has had this problem fixed under warranty in Australia?

Thanks,
Dean

[IMG]local://upfiles/24695/6E5D54D5048E4E6ABB14FC0FCEEDEE91.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: 07 recall