Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Breakout rear tag holder

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2015 | 10:45 AM
BrokeBreakout15
|
Stage III
Default Breakout rear tag holder

Hello all,

I'm a new owner of a Breakout and have started buying some parts (ac, D&D bobcat, power vision tuner). Came across a rear fender tag holder that seems to be exclusively sold in Australia. It's call the Chopz. Only problem is the price tag is ridiculous for a tag holder. I haven't been able to find anything similar. Might have to customize my own piece. Really cleans the ***-end up. Anyone know of anything similar that is easily available???

Old 08-24-2015 | 12:32 PM
fake
Tourer

Yeah, I've seen this and wanted it also. One thing I wanted to know, is that price US dollars? I'm assuming it is.

Old 08-24-2015 | 12:47 PM
BrokeBreakout15
|
Stage III

I believe it is Aussie currency. If that's the case, 1 usd is only worth .72 cents in Australia = those guys are high thinking a bracket is worth 1000$. Does look good though

Old 08-24-2015 | 12:55 PM
fake
Tourer

Yeah, I want one bad. To bad it's to much $$$$$. $400.00 should be the max price for the LED version.

Old 08-24-2015 | 01:05 PM
BrokeBreakout15
|
Stage III

I'm surprised no one has developed one since the breakout came out there is definitely a demand.

I'm going to tinker around with the stock reflector. See if I can't rig it up

Old 09-08-2015 | 07:25 PM
Dalt10
Road Master
Veteran: Army

I emailed them for the Option 1 frame. They said they had 3 left. Said $695.85 in Australia dollars. Comes to around $488 US including shipping. Shipping was $115 Australia. I want one but can probably make something a lot cheaper.

Old 09-08-2015 | 07:42 PM
MacKenzie001
Cruiser

Originally Posted by BrokeBreakout15
I believe it is Aussie currency. If that's the case, 1 usd is only worth .72 cents in Australia = those guys are high thinking a bracket is worth 1000$. Does look good though

Your maths a bit backwards, I think.

$639 AUS is $450 USD

Last edited by MacKenzie001; 09-08-2015 at 07:43 PM. Reason: $639 AUS is $450 USD
Old 05-12-2016 | 03:28 PM
riknbeth
Road Master

Originally Posted by Dalt10
I emailed them for the Option 1 frame. They said they had 3 left. Said $695.85 in Australia dollars. Comes to around $488 US including shipping. Shipping was $115 Australia. I want one but can probably make something a lot cheaper.
I did the same and got a similar response. I also went through this with a local fabricator who I trust and his pricing is fair. He said it would cost me ~$1,200 for him to make this. The reason is the support needed is critical because you have a relatively heavy plate hanging off the *** end so it needs to be done right. The ChopZ will bolt in with existing OEM hardware. So the design is critical. My fabricator could build it cheaper but would need to tack weld it to the inner fender (then you have to re-paint the fender). So yes it is expensive but given my research the price is actually fair. Maybe you guys can do this yourself but it is way beyond my capabilities. But I will say I saw one of these on a Breakout a few weeks ago and it looked really cool Nice solution for the plate. If anyone sees one of these please take a pic and post (I will do the same).

Old 05-13-2016 | 06:37 AM
matte
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by riknbeth
I did the same and got a similar response. I also went through this with a local fabricator who I trust and his pricing is fair. He said it would cost me ~$1,200 for him to make this. The reason is the support needed is critical because you have a relatively heavy plate hanging off the *** end so it needs to be done right. The ChopZ will bolt in with existing OEM hardware. So the design is critical. My fabricator could build it cheaper but would need to tack weld it to the inner fender (then you have to re-paint the fender). So yes it is expensive but given my research the price is actually fair. Maybe you guys can do this yourself but it is way beyond my capabilities. But I will say I saw one of these on a Breakout a few weeks ago and it looked really cool Nice solution for the plate. If anyone sees one of these please take a pic and post (I will do the same).
I'd have to play with the design, but I bet I could cut something like that out of 1/16 inch steel.

Old 05-13-2016 | 08:09 AM
matte
Stellar HDF Member

Or someone else has done something similar:

http://japan.webike.net/products/21760725.html

That's how I would have done it.

Quick Reply: Breakout rear tag holder