Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help with side mount number plate ideas

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2015, 06:30 AM
fatboy slim
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default help with side mount number plate ideas

Hi all, hoping for some pics of side mount plates with lighting for the plate but without stop light etc as I'm leaving the tail light on the fender.
Also is there a replacement lens available for the tail light without the clear section needed for the original plate mount.

I don't want to come off the wheel spindle nut.

Was hoping to somehow mount onto the rear bars on the left hand side. I have seen a few items on eBay that would work, but can't help thinking what I have in mind will look a bit naff, so any ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
FBS.

Attached Thumbnails help with side mount number plate ideas-img_1008.jpg  
Old 08-22-2015, 06:13 PM
8ntsane
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like they have very large license plate where you live. You can get a tail light housing from Softbrake. It has the spot for the lic plate light filled in, and the mount for the plate removed as well.. They also make a relocation bracket to mount the plate below the tail light.

Maybe that would work for your bike. I don,t think I would try to mount a plate that large off the side of the bike, it would look worse there, and be like a bill board in the wind. The big plates must be a pain in the a$$.

Old 08-23-2015, 07:11 AM
fatboy slim
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 8ntsane
Looks like they have very large license plate where you live. You can get a tail light housing from Softbrake. It has the spot for the lic plate light filled in, and the mount for the plate removed as well.. They also make a relocation bracket to mount the plate below the tail light.

Maybe that would work for your bike. I don,t think I would try to mount a plate that large off the side of the bike, it would look worse there, and be like a bill board in the wind. The big plates must be a pain in the a$$.
Thanks for that.

I should have added that I'm probably going to a 7x4 plate. Thats what I have on the RK because thats all that will fit between the mounting point and the rack. So long as the actual numbers and letters aren't that small, the police seem to leave me alone. Either that, or I've just been lucky so far.

I will look into the softbrake stuff thank you.

Old 08-23-2015, 03:06 PM
FLYING_BURRITO_BROTHER
NOT A MODERATOR
Received 20,424 Likes on 7,999 Posts

You might be able to get these guys custom make you one in the size you need. Great company.

http://www.road6customs.com/