Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Premium oil cooler with H-D mustache bar?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 11:13 AM
WouldBeHD
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Premium oil cooler with H-D mustache bar?

I'm thinking about picking up an H-D oil cooler for the Deluxe before Summer, but read somewhere that the softail oil cooler will not fit if you have the H-D enginge guards/mustache bar installed. Anyone know for sure? Temps get into the 90s here during the Summer and beach traffic can be a slow crawl at times, so I'd like to cool things off as best I can. Are there other oil coolers worth looking at? Thanks!

Old 05-02-2007, 07:20 PM
Finalcut
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Premium oil cooler with H-D mustache bar?

I'd like to know as well

Old 05-02-2007, 08:55 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

Pretty sure that's because the cooler mounts where the top of your engine guard mounts. I'd take a look at Jagg coolers.

Old 05-02-2007, 10:05 PM
VetteSiNz
Tourer

ORIGINAL: WouldBeHD

I'm thinking about picking up an H-D oil cooler for the Deluxe before Summer, but read somewhere that the softail oil cooler will not fit if you have the H-D enginge guards/mustache bar installed. Anyone know for sure? Temps get into the 90s here during the Summer and beach traffic can be a slow crawl at times, so I'd like to cool things off as best I can. Are there other oil coolers worth looking at? Thanks!
I believe this is what you're looking for.

Premium Oil Cooler Kit

This cooler was designed specifically for Harley-Davidson® to out-perform all other coolers in the industry. This cooler features a unique "Turbulator" system that evenly distributes oil across the cooling chambers. The air fins are designed to efficiently dissipate heat. This popular Touring oil cooler has been re-designed to simplify installation and enhance performance. The larger heat exchanger provides additional cooling efficiency. Kit features an adapter plate with integrated thermostat that allows oil lines to connect to the oil filter bracket. The thermostat activates at 185°F (85°C). Kit comes complete with mounting hardware and precut oil lines. Kit includes Chrome Oil Cooler Cover.

Turbulator Oil Cooling System Diagram

Fits '00-later Softail® models. Does not fit with High Output Horn Kit P/N 69180-02A, Softail® Spoiler Kits P/N 57040-YYXXX, or Definitive5™ Filtration System P/N 63800-07, 63801-07 or 63802-07. Fits with Bullet Softail® Spoiler P/N 57039-YYXXX. Fits with all H-D® Engine Guards.

26157-07

MSRP US $298.95
Contact us for pricing and availability.

[IMG]http://a

Old 05-02-2007, 11:34 PM
djkolp
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

ORIGINAL: WouldBeHD

Got 'em both on my '07' FLSTC. No problem at all

DJK

Old 05-03-2007, 12:18 AM
WouldBeHD
Tourer

Cool, thanks for the info all! I figured there was a problem at the top, as it looked like they shared a mounting point, but the part number VetteSiNZ provided should do the trick. Will look at Jagg as well.