Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1925 tractor seat on a Slim?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2015 | 09:22 AM
Jetfever
Road Captain
Default Pipes

Originally Posted by stinkerbill
Lovin' those pipes.
Thanks. They slip/ bolt right on. The upper pipe needed a very simple short extension for the stock Harley mount. Lower is directly in the stock mount.

I might sell them soon...I found a 2 into 1 exhaust on this Forum.

They sound GREAT, lots of compliments form other Harley riders.

Old 08-20-2015 | 09:25 AM
stinkerbill
|
Road Captain

Slight thread diversion, but...

I have V&H slip on 3" slash cuts on mine and they're just too loud - I like a bit of noise, but these are a bit much. I've ordered a set of quiet baffles to try and tone them down a bit

How loud are those? And what are they?

Old 08-20-2015 | 09:29 AM
Jetfever
Road Captain

They have built in baffles and are NOT real loud. But I don't have a Decible rating :-/

I would say not nearly as loud as many Harleys, but louder than stock of course. The bike sounds like a Harley should without being overly loud...

They are made by Paughco. I had the exact same mufflers on a Bobber I built in the late "60s :-)

Old 08-20-2015 | 06:23 PM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member

Could be an illusion, but it appears to me that the ECM cover shown in
the picture below is not going to be long enough to cover the entire ECM.
Looking forward to seeing some pics when you get it done.

T.

Originally Posted by stinkerbill
I've pulled the trigger on a La Rosa mounting kit, like this one:

...snip...

Old 08-21-2015 | 08:24 AM
Jetfever
Road Captain
Default I just saw this question...

Sorry, for some reason I did not see this question 'till today.

The front XBones mount that bolts to the seat IS a HD mount. I had an extra one and placed it on top of the "chopped" mount in the photo for comparison. We just cut it down and welded it back together. The notch you see in the mount that "apes" the original is a "stop". I used a grinding wheel and file after welding. The front mount that bolts to the frame is unchanged/ stock.

I cut one inch from the 2 rear mount coil spring base, and welded it back on to the flat stock that bolts to the rear of the Softail frame just behind the battery box. These welds are nicer than the original Harley weld, and with paint look stock.

I also cut over 6 " from the rear fender and added the tip light, with a strong reinforcement under the fender to prevent cracking, which is one of the reasons Harley stopped fitting this Street Bob tail lamp.

BTW, I was told on this forum: "You DO NOT have a Bobber style bike, You just bolted some parts on your bike".

Hope this helps, Steve

Originally Posted by SprungDave
Nice work! I'd really like to know a bit more about how you did the front seat mount. Did you modify the stock CB mount or fab up one from scratch?

Your front pivot mount (lowered an inch) really looks great. I used the stock CB front mount and made the rear spring mounts from scratch. It works awesome, but lowering the front an inch would be a plus from my perspective.

Thanks in advance for your information.

Ride Safe!

Old 03-25-2016 | 01:27 AM
stinkerbill
|
Road Captain

So I've finally got my seat set-up right... nearly

I went for a reproduction 1925 seat (PN. 52004-25) and have used a combination of the West Eagle mounting kit and frame cover (modified with the neoprene trim) and then a home-made 'T-bar' bracket to bolt the seat to the mounting kit.

I still want to 'finesse' the T-bar (I've just knocked it up out of some 3m thick 40mm wide steel bar) but the way I've designed it, once done it'll give me the option to play with positions too (both height/angle and lateral positions). I'll take pics once it's finished.

I'll probably then take my frankenstien-bracket to a local fabricator I know and have him make a nicer one, properly welded and round off the corners etc, before I pain it black - I'll also probably go for silver springs.

It's soooo much more comfortable!

Anyhoo in the meantime, here's how it's looking...

Old 03-25-2016 | 05:38 AM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member

Bike looks great StinkerBill! Love the seat and new exhaust. Really sharp and looks old school simple. Might want to tuck away the trickle charge cable, kind of hanging out there.

Old 03-25-2016 | 05:39 AM
stinkerbill
|
Road Captain

"Your fly's undone"

haha... yeah I'm gonna cable-tie that in

Old 03-25-2016 | 06:58 AM
LockAndLoad
Cruiser

Wow, that turned out nice! Great job...and very inspiring!

Old 03-25-2016 | 03:48 PM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member

Tractor seat is made to Pogo. I have all that stuff if someone is interested.

The following users liked this post:
Bubba883 (06-12-2024)

Quick Reply: 1925 tractor seat on a Slim?