Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Vision autotune #7... wow

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 11:50 AM
tbplayer
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Power Vision autotune #7... wow

I had a "wow" moment on my ride into work this morning. I was running autotune for a seventh time, and I think it was when I was riding up an interchange ramp in 6th, close to the top where it turns, and I realized it was pulling just fine at low RPM in 6th, where I'd always need to downshift... coasting uphill.

But it was more than that. Every gear was smooth in a way that I've never experienced before. The engine just sounded different - like deeper and confident (?). And I was marveling at how I could close the throttle, and there was no popping at all.

I know this is kind of a "nothing" thread - probably nothing new to anyone here with experience with these things, but I was moved to post about it.

I found "corrections" mode on the grid this morning too, at a stoplight... had not seen that yet. I'd been looking at the "hits" screen. And at this point, most/all of my numbers are +/-1, or pretty small. So I'm guessing maybe it is getting close to where I probably can just go with what I've got.

Anyway - just amazing. It's like a whole new bike. I should have gotten the Power Vision before doing any other performance mods on the bike... just wasn't educated enough at the time. Live and learn.

Old 08-04-2015, 12:56 PM
Gommee
Devil's Advocate
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

Glad you got it dialed in!

Sometimes it only takes a couple of sessions and sometimes a few more. It is one of those things that when it gets to the sweet spot, you just know and can feel it.

Congrats!

Old 08-04-2015, 01:00 PM
stumpuller
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't say enough good things about the PowerVision! Are you using the normal autotune function, or the wideband sensor kit?

Old 08-04-2015, 01:04 PM
Gordon61
Road Warrior
Received 129 Likes on 110 Posts

Similar experience here...
Been tuning a cam/2-1 change with an FP3 - base map was a country mile away from being useful so tweaked and developed my own and several autotunes later, last time out the bike was just singing - really strong, pulls from almost nothing, and the first time I have ever rev'd to 5k - only because it was sooo smooth I never even noticed.

Still a wee bit to do up top now that I know it revs nicely up there but it's great when a plan comes together

Old 08-04-2015, 01:13 PM
tbplayer
Cruiser

Originally Posted by stumpuller
Can't say enough good things about the PowerVision! Are you using the normal autotune function, or the wideband sensor kit?
Just the basic autotune. I just got it last week.

Old 08-04-2015, 01:17 PM
stumpuller
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice! I just ordered one yesterday. Bought my Softail Slim used with strait pipes and O2 sensor eliminators. As you can imagine, runs like CRAP! Ordered a performance 2-1 pipe, O2 sensors, MR103 cams, and the PowerVision. I will make this thing sing!!!

Old 08-04-2015, 01:20 PM
bullast
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Very cool.

I only did three before I pulled my wide band sensors.

Now I want to put them back on and do more AT sessions.

Enjoy the ride.

Old 08-04-2015, 01:21 PM
tbplayer
Cruiser

The map that FuelMoto gave me actually didn't work. The PV told me it was incompatible. So, I extracted the existing tune off the ECU into a pvt to compare, and they were totally different. The one off my bike was TPS (throttle position sensor?) based, and the one FuleMoto gave me was not.

I did a little poking around on their site, and it looks like maybe Jamie gave me a map that was intended for touring bikes and not the Softail. I tried merging the map they gave me with my base map off the bike, and I thought that was working (and replied to Jamie that I thought I'd figured it out), but it wasn't - since the maps were not compatible.

So... I ended up going to the Dynojet site, and downloading their SE Air/Bassani slip-ons map. I have an SE Ventilator and Rush 1.75" slip-ons, so that looked like it would probably be the closest - and used that as my starting point.

Old 08-04-2015, 01:28 PM
tbplayer
Cruiser

Originally Posted by stumpuller
nice! I just ordered one yesterday. Bought my Softail Slim used with strait pipes and O2 sensor eliminators. As you can imagine, runs like CRAP! Ordered a performance 2-1 pipe, O2 sensors, MR103 cams, and the PowerVision. I will make this thing sing!!!
Sweet!! I haven't looked at cams.. maybe next year

Old 08-04-2015, 01:29 PM
tbplayer
Cruiser

Originally Posted by bullast
Very cool.

I only did three before I pulled my wide band sensors.

Now I want to put them back on and do more AT sessions.

Enjoy the ride.
Thanks...

Do you have to switch back to the stock sensors after you're done tuning? I figured the wide band sensors would be like a permanent replacement (?).

Quick Reply: Power Vision autotune #7... wow