Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Vision autotune #7... wow

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 01:37 PM
Gommee
Devil's Advocate
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by tbplayer
Thanks...

Do you have to switch back to the stock sensors after you're done tuning? I figured the wide band sensors would be like a permanent replacement (?).

I leave the Wide Band O2 sensors in. I have for the last 2 bikes. You do not have to remove them.

I tend to use the gauges on the PV with everything connected. Also easier to run an Auto Tune once in a while to see if anything is changing. I like playing with the software as well.

Old 08-04-2015, 04:36 PM
goats
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The map that FuelMoto gave me actually didn't work. The PV told me it was incompatible. So, I extracted the existing tune off the ECU into a pvt to compare, and they were totally different. The one off my bike was TPS (throttle position sensor?) based, and the one FuleMoto gave me was not.

I did a little poking around on their site, and it looks like maybe Jamie gave me a map that was intended for touring bikes and not the Softail. I tried merging the map they gave me with my base map off the bike, and I thought that was working (and replied to Jamie that I thought I'd figured it out), but it wasn't - since the maps were not compatible.

So... I ended up going to the Dynojet site, and downloading their SE Air/Bassani slip-ons map. I have an SE Ventilator and Rush 1.75" slip-ons, so that looked like it would probably be the closest - and used that as my starting point.

next time you talk to Jamie, let him know the calibration your bike came with and go from there.
tho it does sound like you are on your way already.
You can get there without any pre loaded map... but sometimes its easier if the pre made map is closer to your needs.

Old 08-04-2015, 06:19 PM
cdonis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by stumpuller
nice! I just ordered one yesterday. Bought my Softail Slim used with strait pipes and O2 sensor eliminators. As you can imagine, runs like CRAP! Ordered a performance 2-1 pipe, O2 sensors, MR103 cams, and the PowerVision. I will make this thing sing!!!
Lots of fun, ask me how i know..

Old 08-06-2015, 02:12 PM
tbplayer
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by goats
next time you talk to Jamie, let him know the calibration your bike came with and go from there.
tho it does sound like you are on your way already.
You can get there without any pre loaded map... but sometimes its easier if the pre made map is closer to your needs.
Thanks for suggesting this. Jamie emailed me back today and said my map looked good. He gave me a fine-tuned version of it.

I compared, and it looks like he smoothed out the spikes in the VE map, so that the transitions are smoother. And then some adjustments to the Spark Advance and Air-Fuel Ratio tables.

Old 08-06-2015, 11:01 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

felt the same way back in 09 when I added the cams (alreay had Stg 1 a SERT tuner plus dyno.. it made 6th gear usable from 55mph up...

Old 08-06-2015, 11:03 PM
tbplayer
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by oct1949
felt the same way back in 09 when I added the cams (alreay had Stg 1 a SERT tuner plus dyno.. it made 6th gear usable from 55mph up...
Yep.. 6th gear used to only be useful going downhill, or at 70+. Now it's usable down to 55mph.

Old 08-07-2015, 02:11 AM
HoggyMtnBreakdown
Elite HDF Member
Received 121 Likes on 87 Posts

Put a good cam in it, if you want to make 6th REALLY useful. Actually, I've found a cam gives each gear so much longer legs that I barely even USE 6th anymore. She cruises just fine in 5th...

Old 08-10-2015, 12:08 PM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks for suggesting this. Jamie emailed me back today and said my map looked good. He gave me a fine-tuned version of it.

I compared, and it looks like he smoothed out the spikes in the VE map, so that the transitions are smoother. And then some adjustments to the Spark Advance and Air-Fuel Ratio tables.
I was going to suggest the same thing. Fuel Moto is great to work with. Sounds like you are well on your way. When I autotuned my bike, I switched back to the stock O2 sensors so I could continue to run in closed loop and have the ECM make adjustments. DynoJet just came out with Tartget Tune that allows you to use the wideband sensors connected to the ECM. Instead of collecting data with Autotune and applying changes to the make, Target Tune will utilize the WB sensors as you ride. Mine should be here today and I'll give that a try.