Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help from the deluxe owners!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 03:17 AM
whiplush
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need help from the deluxe owners!

Well I was bored so I went to the V&H website and I don't think my idea of cutting down the Big Shot Staggereds would work. The V&H logo is on the top pipe and by the time you cut enuff off to get shed of it they'd probably be the same length as the Big Shots. I wish they made a set the same length as the top pipe on the Staggereds. The Bigshot longs are too long, the staggered's are about right but they're staggered and the Big Shots are too short. Guess I'll just live with my Big Shots![&:]

I'm too picky aren't I?

Old 11-24-2005, 03:03 AM
FLSTNI_Man_of_Steel
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: mklein3

Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum and, hopefully, new to Harley ownership before too long. I'm interested in the new Softail Deluxe. I'm currently riding a 450cc Honda and can't wait to get into the big bikes. I'm curious if the Deluxe owners could chime in with some pros and cons of the Deluxe that they've noticed. I know that when I go shopping, I'll easily be led astray by both the chrome and my spending problems so I'd like to hear what people that are driving this gorgeous bike think. I've read an awful lot about specs and seen a lot of pics and aftermarket work, so I'd love to hear about some of the quirks. Thanks, guys!
Check-out the conversations/comments in this thread as well:
https://www.hdforums.com/m_136407/mp.../tm.htm#161346

(if you haven't already...)

--Ride Safe!

Old 11-24-2005, 04:33 AM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

So I've had mine a few days now. Not too many miles on it, as I have to work and all.
I am a new rider, so I don't want to do a lot of night riding.

I am 6'2" with a 32" inseam. I find it completely comfortable in its stock form. The only thing I am thinking about changing is removing the heel shifter. I havent been using it yet, and i find if I'm not careful, my size 13 boots can get stuck between the heel and toe peg. Not stuck stuck, but enough to distract me and thats not good.

Seat is good, reach is good. I have no back, knee, or butt pain from riding on it.