Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help from the deluxe owners!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 07:34 AM
jtfrog
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Need help from the deluxe owners!

I am 5'11" and am fine. I do plan to add the engine guard and highway pegs for long rides. I dont personally find it soft for two up ridding.

Old 09-24-2005, 12:15 AM
cowboy Harry
Road Warrior

I be 6 foots. No Problem. Ive changed handle bars about 4 times. have fat boy bars on now with short dog bones. Only thing I dont like is the vibration Ive noticed lately at around 70 mph. bike has over 9 k miles now.

Good Ideal is to go to dealer(s) and ride a demo or rent one for a day or 2.

Old 11-16-2005, 03:20 AM
sidewinder
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: cowboy Harry

I be 6 foots. No Problem. Ive changed handle bars about 4 times. have fat boy bars on now with short dog bones. Only thing I dont like is the vibration Ive noticed lately at around 70 mph. bike has over 9 k miles now.

Good Ideal is to go to dealer(s) and ride a demo or rent one for a day or 2.
I just bought an 05 deluxe. I could not be happier with the ride or the looks. I looked at all models, and for me it is all about the deluxe! Mine is Black Pearl. I did not notice any vibration what so ever. I would have your bike checked if it continues. I have had the bike for a very short time and I already love it. Did I say I love this bike!?

Old 11-16-2005, 04:51 AM
hsuwol
Novice

Would a current Deluxe owner tell me how they modified the bike to accommadte a 6ft 1 inch person with a 33 inch inseam? Can you do something with the seat? What is the proper riding position in your collectiove opionions? I am looking at buying a Deluxe, have sat on one and it feels alitlle cramped...dealer says it is set from factory for ideal rider who is 5 ft 10 inches...by comparisn, the Hertitage Classic sits better from me....but I do love the look of the Deluxe

Old 11-16-2005, 04:59 AM
ENZOTHEBAKER
Tourer

I absolutely love my Deluxe. Im 6 ft as well and put on a different seat and bars and now the bike is very comfy. The stock seat looks great but was not very comfortable for me. Rent it (I did) and feel it out for yourself, most likely you will buy this bike.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3026/5D05F039FACE4D34AB598A5BA9A875B1.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-16-2005, 08:16 AM
HOGWYLDPR
Tourer

You won't regret getting the Deluxe. It is one sweet ride. Have 1200 miles on mine and can't stay off of it.

Old 11-17-2005, 10:25 AM
NOMADBILL
Novice

HSUWOL,

I too am 6'1". The bike was a little cramped with the stock configuration although once I added higheway bars and pegs it was not a problem for me. I took the bike to a local upholstry shop and for $100 I had the stock seat modified to get be back and up slightly. It made a huge difference. For an additional $39 (total $139) I had gel added to the seat. Just got back from putting 750 miles on and the seat is like butter. No more issues with being cramped.

You can make it work in my opinion....

Bill

Old 11-17-2005, 07:02 PM
Rusty
Advanced

Hey Wiplush
I really like the looks of your bike. It's so clean with all that stuff in back removed. I'm running bags on mine because I always have a ton of crap to carry with me or my wife wants something from the store on my way home. I do need to switch over to removable brackets so I can take them off once and a while.
How do you like your pipes?
I'm tossed between the Vance & Hines Big Shots or the Pro Pipe HS (2 into 1).
I've read your comments about getting the long ones and cutting them even. That sounds really good but that's your idea and I don't want to do the same.
Do you know if the Pro Pipe's are a good investment or should I go with Thunder's?

Old 11-18-2005, 02:23 AM
whiplush
Tourer

Your definitely going to get more power out of a 2 into 1 pipe if that is a deciding factor. I have a friend that had an E-Glide Standard with the V&H Pro pipe and it sounded great. It was loud as hell but I believe he had modified the baffle to make it louder. Hey if you wanted to do my idea I wouldn't mind, hell I'd live to see it. As far as the Thunder's I have no idea, I've never heard any. You definely have a tough decision ahead of you but we all go through it. I was afraid the pipes I put on mine would look stupid with the retro themed Deluxe but I really liked the shorter style pipes so I did it anyway. It did look out of place at first but then I put the beach bars on and chopped the risers and it pulled it all together. My pipes don't sound as good as any of the other V&H pipes it seems. Them being short takes the deep tone out or something which I don't understand because the big radius pipes sound great. The staggereds sound alot deeper than mine but I guess I went more for what I liked looks wise.

Old 11-18-2005, 11:10 PM
EK5858
Road Master

Awesome bike, had a roadking prior and the ride is so much better on my deluxe. Almost 4000 miles on her in 2 months and she is perfect. I am only 5"9 so the seat height is great. Only downfall I see is for taller riders. Great for long rides or just puttin thru town. I would not trade this bike for the world. Stock exhaust is weak but that is a easy remedy. Put on a high flow filter and release some of her ponies.

Quick Reply: Need help from the deluxe owners!