Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dual fish tails

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 08:23 AM
Scrappy1818
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default dual fish tails

I am looking to put dual fishtails on my new deluxe. I am wanting looks and sound. What is the cheapest way to do this?

Old 04-30-2007, 09:34 AM
NW FXSTS
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: dual fish tails

go cheap get cheap

Old 04-30-2007, 10:55 AM
overthehill
Cruiser

go cheap get cheap
You are so right. Save your money and get Samson True Duals or V.H.Go with a known company.I have Samsons and like the look and sound.

Old 04-30-2007, 12:31 PM
Scrappy1818
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I seen on the samson websitesomething that said Fishtail straights (true dual crossover only). What does this mean exactly. I understand how the crossover works on dressers and such but for a softail?

Old 04-30-2007, 12:48 PM
overthehill
Cruiser

I got the True Duals for 1986-2006 models for Softails through my Harley Dealer. They are the True Duals Fishtails w/short mufflers.They have the heat shields. The price was around 600.00 after taxes. J&P has them listed in their cat., page 198. at the bottom.Hope this helps. I got my Harley dealer to install them. I already had the stage one and was told this is all I needed. So far, so good.

Old 04-30-2007, 01:00 PM
mean green
Road Captain
Received 101 Likes on 47 Posts

Cheapest way to do this would probably be the Samson Fishtail Trual Duals. I got mine from I believe it was Direct Parts or something like that out of Arizona, good guys to work with. I had the Stage 1 download at the dealership and they work pretty good. I have had this setup for a year right now. If you want to spend a little more the V&H fishtails look real sharp and no doubt good quality. Good luck,

Old 04-30-2007, 01:12 PM
SKT
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I have an '07 Springer Classic. Before rolling it out of the dealership I wanted the duals installed. Problem is that they didn't make the true duals for it yet. I settled for the vance and hines fishtails. I really like them as they have a great sound, and lookgood too! I personally don't like the way some stick out past the rear fender like a foot or so. I don't have that problem w/ the V&Hs-they end flush w/ the fender.

Old 04-30-2007, 02:25 PM
vonzipper
Cruiser

If you REALLY want to make a statement, The Samson Cholo Longtails are the Bomb

thank you other harley forum for lettng me borrow these images

Old 04-30-2007, 02:40 PM
Deluxe07
Cruiser

Hey Vonzipper, what site you find those pics at?? Those are radical fishtails......

OK, never mind.....I see the site inder the pics.

Cheers, Mark

Old 04-30-2007, 03:03 PM
stratplexi
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,084 Likes on 562 Posts

If you ever plan on building the engine, I would recommend you take a look at the VH fishtails over the Samsons. I have been told by more than one engine builder the Samsons will hurt the performance on a built engine. I don't know about the VH, but guys on this forum say they are not hurting performance on their bikes. If you only plan on keeping the engine stock, either should be ok...go with the one you like the looks of the best.

For price, its hard to beat American Classic Cycles. Putting pipes on is an easy do it yourself job along with the SE aircleaner. If you have a laptop, you should consider buying the Race Tuner and programming the ECM with the Stage 1 download yourself. Its easy to do and with a little reading and practice, you can fix some of the inherent problems with the Harley Stage 1 download. It is notorious for still being lean and this is easily corrected with slight adjustments in the A/F table. Other things like popping on decel can be fixed easily too.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: dual fish tails