Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dual fish tails

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 09:00 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I had the Samson True Duals on my ride for several years. I really loved the sound and look. Vance and Hines fishtails don't looks or sound as nice but will provide better power. It really all depends on what youa re after. I found that after I installed the Samson's without baffles I lsot a little bit of low end but I gained some serious looks and sound. A couple of my buddies run the V&H fishtails and love them as well, but I dould not dela with their funny looking fishtails. I can get you any brand you want at a forum diso****. Pm or email, or call for pricing please.

Drew

Old 06-17-2010, 12:57 PM
98941rb
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know my opinion wasn't asked for,
just shootin' the breeze here...
Discussin' on a discussion forum, is all

From my experience,
The Samsons true duals are not a good quality exhaust.
Fit & finish are poor.

The sound is nice, but then,, I've never heard a Harley with
aftermarket pipes that sounded "bad" to me.

I think that the pipes look great from 5' away and beyond, don't get me too wrong.

But upon closer inspection, I see the shoddiness is evident.
Especially after installing myself, and seeing things up close and personal over and over.

Some examples;

Heat shields don't line up well, needed a lot of tweaking to look acceptable.

Thin black paint/powdercoat not resistant to scuffing and scratching (perhaps the chrome ones are more durable?).

Male-to-female joint design leading to pipe-fitting/sealing issues (needed tons of Permatex to seal the gaps).

Overall positioning & alignment "off".

I'm happy with the overall look, because it goes with what I wanted for the bike.
And no other company really had that look available at my time of purchase.
So, I really didn't have 2,3,4 or 5 options to choose from or compare to...

I think that Samson has quality issues that need to be addressed.
As an American, I wish the quality was as good (if not better) as a Yosh, Akra or LeoVince.
Some of that stuff is art. High precision cuts, welds and fit.

I'd still gladly pay more money for Samsons if the quality was better.

It's a mixed bag, opinions...

Maybe my attention to detail is different from the guys who have no complaints.
Or maybe I am unlucky, & my pipes were part of a bad batch, and Samson quality is actually really amazing.

As the Dr. stated, I too experienced a drop in response/power/whatever.
But I'd tend to attribute that to the true-dual design vs. 2-into-1 design...

Would I buy them again? Probably not.
Just sayin'.

Old 06-17-2010, 02:10 PM
Samson_tech
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
I had the Samson True Duals on my ride for several years. I really loved the sound and look. Vance and Hines fishtails don't looks or sound as nice but will provide better power. It really all depends on what youa re after. I found that after I installed the Samson's without baffles I lsot a little bit of low end but I gained some serious looks and sound. A couple of my buddies run the V&H fishtails and love them as well, but I dould not dela with their funny looking fishtails. I can get you any brand you want at a forum diso****. Pm or email, or call for pricing please.

Drew
although samson will not be able to please everyone whenever a straight pipe is installed on a bike you will notice a drop in torque because of the extreme high flow like drag pipes but they are very loud. Samson gives a choice between baffled or straight pipes and we suggest the baffled version because they do retain the off the line and mid range torque or pulling power for best ride ability. we do accept criticism well and do produce a very high quality product and we are not a sport bike pipe manufacturer. our fit and finish is second to none. we do offer more selections for your harley than any other manufacturer as well. please do a thorough inspection when you receive our product and you will see for yourself the quality is outstanding. the prices are right too so to get the best bang for the buck Samson is your best choice.
thank you,
JR

Old 06-17-2010, 02:52 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Samson_tech
although samson will not be able to please everyone whenever a straight pipe is installed on a bike you will notice a drop in torque because of the extreme high flow like drag pipes but they are very loud. Samson gives a choice between baffled or straight pipes and we suggest the baffled version because they do retain the off the line and mid range torque or pulling power for best ride ability. we do accept criticism well and do produce a very high quality product and we are not a sport bike pipe manufacturer. our fit and finish is second to none. we do offer more selections for your harley than any other manufacturer as well. please do a thorough inspection when you receive our product and you will see for yourself the quality is outstanding. the prices are right too so to get the best bang for the buck Samson is your best choice.
thank you,
JR
I was not complaining, merely stating my experience with them. I found the fit and finish to be excellent as well. I added torque cones as well. If I was getting fishtails again, they would be Samson's. That is a fact.

Drew

Old 06-18-2010, 11:43 AM
Samson_tech
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
I was not complaining, merely stating my experience with them. I found the fit and finish to be excellent as well. I added torque cones as well. If I was getting fishtails again, they would be Samson's. That is a fact.

Drew
thank you Drew. that was very kind of you to say that. we also hope that if you or anyone else ever have any issues with Samson exhaust whatsoever please allow us to help you. this is what our goal is to make everyone happy with the choice of Samson.
thank you,
JR

Old 06-18-2010, 01:05 PM
hksigman
Road Master

Originally Posted by Samson_tech
thank you,
JR
I love the samsons on my 06 deluxe. i only wish there were heat shields available for the style i chose and that they came stock w/the pipes instead of bein an accessory

Attached Thumbnails  dual fish tails-2010deluxe.jpg