Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Running This Speedo?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 02:49 PM
Berick
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Anyone Running This Speedo?

I'm going to replace the speedo in my bike and I like the way this one goes with the style (70900001a).... I also find the tach is a bit easier to read than the other option from HD.

Question is..... Has this unit got a gazillion different colors to choose from like the spun dial analog/digital combo one does?

I can't find a whole lot of info on this gauge on youtube etc...

Old 06-28-2015, 03:12 PM
jam436
Supporter
Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Berick
I'm going to replace the speedo in my bike and I like the way this one goes with the style (70900001a).... I also find the tach is a bit easier to read than the other option from HD.

Question is..... Has this unit got a gazillion different colors to choose from like the spun dial analog/digital combo one does?
According to the description and the installation instruction sheet it would appear the answer is "no".
Here's the instruction sheet for that analog/digital speedo you mentioned and the color charts are clearly defined.

Last edited by jam436; 06-28-2015 at 03:16 PM.
Old 06-29-2015, 01:00 AM
Poppawhiskey
Cruiser
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I have this speedo and I like it a lot. It's nite time color is red, that's it! Features I like are the size of the speed digits, ease of reading the analog tach, and changing between KPH and MPH when I visit the States. I use trip A between fuel-ups and trip B between oil changes. Range to empty is also a great feature. The one draw back is the glass fogs over on cooler days.
Good luck finding one, it's been discontinued for about 3-4 years. Cheers.

Last edited by Poppawhiskey; 06-29-2015 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Add more info.
Old 06-29-2015, 10:23 AM
Berick
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Poppawhiskey
I have this speedo and I like it a lot. It's nite time color is red, that's it! Features I like are the size of the speed digits, ease of reading the analog tach, and changing between KPH and MPH when I visit the States. I use trip A between fuel-ups and trip B between oil changes. Range to empty is also a great feature. The one draw back is the glass fogs over on cooler days.
Good luck finding one, it's been discontinued for about 3-4 years. Cheers.
Thanks for the info. It shows as available on the parts sites but I will call the local dealer today I guess. I hope they have one kicking around on a shelf somewhere.

Old 06-29-2015, 10:25 AM
Berick
Road Captain

One more question Poppawhiskey.... Have you ever tested out the "Range To Empty" feature and is it somewhat accurate?

Old 07-01-2015, 12:17 AM
Gommee
Devil's Advocate
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

I have the other one with all of the colors. Speedo and tach are hard to see because they are small numbers, but range gauge is close. If I did not get a good deal on it, I would have picked up a Dakota Digital.
I had a Dakota Digital on my Street Bob and it was a great speedo. All digital, but a little pricey. I think it was worth it though.

Old 07-02-2015, 11:20 AM
Poppawhiskey
Cruiser

I like the distance to empty feature (range) and I use it all the time. It's probably more accurate than the tank needle. Thing is, I'm still not 100% comfortable with it, so I still fill up based on it, the needle, and distance travelled.
Cheers, Peter

Old 07-02-2015, 12:43 PM
proraptor
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My stock speedo on my heritage shows distance till empty range stock. It is more accurate than the needle from what Ive seen and use it all the time.

Old 07-08-2015, 01:00 PM
Poppawhiskey
Cruiser

Were you able to get one?

Old 07-08-2015, 01:59 PM
Philphine
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

that's the same one i'd like for my '05, but i can't find any info on if i can use it since the earliest year i've seen them for is '08.

Quick Reply: Anyone Running This Speedo?