Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upgraded Grips for Slim

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 09:37 AM
slim_powers
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Upgraded Grips for Slim

I'm starting to ride longer distances on my Slim and the stock grips are killing my hands. So much vibration that I always end up white knuckling them and by the time I'm done riding, my arms are intensely fatigued and feel like lead weights.

What are you all using on your Slims? Currently, I'm looking into the Kuryakyn Premium ISO Grips with Throttle Boss (http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/31/premium-iso-grips) or the Kinetic Grips in Gloss Black and adding the Throttle Boss to it (http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/4316/kinetic-grips, and http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/435...ottle-boss8482). Yay, nay to those? Have something else you prefer that's comfortable and absorbs vibration? Do you use a Throttle Boss/Throttle Rocker attachment? I'm envious of my boyfriend's cruise control and I can't seem to find an aftermarket cruise control for the Slim (but I'd also be interested in hearing about that if you've got it!).

Let's see if I can post a photo of the bike now; passenger pillion is gone now, waiting on my 2-up Sundowner seat to come in from a forum member.

Old 06-22-2015, 10:13 AM
misterslim
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Do you wear gloves? Gloves provide a vibration brake between the grips and your hand. Also, learn not to squeeze the grips so hard.

Old 06-22-2015, 10:15 AM
slim_powers
Tourer

Originally Posted by misterslim
Do you wear gloves? Gloves provide a vibration brake between the grips and your hand. Also, learn not to squeeze the grips so hard.
Yes, I wear gloves. I have 2 different pairs, one of which is thicker than the other, and I still feel a lot of vibration. I am constantly reminding myself to ease up on the grips but it seems to be a very subconscious habit that I only become aware of when I start to feel pain.

Old 06-22-2015, 11:55 AM
zz2h33
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Ive got a set of Kung Fu grips from lickscycles.com on my solid mount sporty and they are very mushy and comfortable. Cheap too! (but you have to buy a whiskey throttle).

Old 06-22-2015, 01:40 PM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

I have the Kuryakyn Iso grips with a throttle boss on my Heritage. Comfort wise they are excellent. The rubber gets the vibration tamed before it ever gets to your hands, and the throttle boss heel rest is great for those long stretches of road. If you like the look. Get them, you will be happy with the feel and usefulness.

Old 06-22-2015, 02:05 PM
slim_powers
Tourer

Originally Posted by NDBadlands4-2
I have the Kuryakyn Iso grips with a throttle boss on my Heritage. Comfort wise they are excellent. The rubber gets the vibration tamed before it ever gets to your hands, and the throttle boss heel rest is great for those long stretches of road. If you like the look. Get them, you will be happy with the feel and usefulness.
The look is fine for me, and this is GREAT to hear about the ISO Grips. Do you have the regular ISO or the premium? I'll probably end up with the "regular" ISO grips as I want the black ones; eventually I want to black my Slim out and chrome grips just won't do.

Old 06-22-2015, 09:54 PM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,356 Likes on 983 Posts

I have the ISO grips with endweights. I also have Vibranators.
The transmitted vibrations have almost been eliminated, hardly
any blurry images in my extra long-stem mirrors

Here's a pic

hope this helps,

T.

Old 06-23-2015, 04:12 AM
FLSlim
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HD get a grip Magnums. Didnt want to theme the bike out with anything in a collection. collections look cheesy.

they are very comfortable and around 85 bucks.

Old 06-23-2015, 07:20 AM
Valdemar
Tourer
Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

In my bike I am using these grips:

Arlen Ness Deep Cut Comfort. Available in chrome and black, great quality and comfortable.
http://mgperformance.ca/shop/img/p/1...ox_default.jpg
http://s994.photobucket.com/user/dno...63131.jpg.html
http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/n-biq04i...0.1280.jpg?c=2

I think the black version, can combine very good in your bike.

Old 06-23-2015, 08:53 AM
slim_powers
Tourer

WKNDS, the ISO grips look awesome on your bike. Love the matte black paint job. Thanks for the Vibranators link, too, did you get the chrome or stainless steel for the Slim?

FLSlim, I think the Magnums may be too big for my hands, but there's barely any difference in diameter between the Magnums and regular (1.6" vs. 1.5") so I'd have to feel them out. I didn't even consider any of the HD grips.

Valdemar, I love the look of the Arlen Ness Deep Cut grips! Glad to know they are a solid choice, and I think they'd look great on the bike, too. I love the ends on them.

Quick Reply: Upgraded Grips for Slim