Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vicla build...what am I missing?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2015 | 07:07 PM
Dre88
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by RDY2ROLL
Great looking ride. It never ends looking for that one piece that in your mind will bring it together....lol Believe me I have searched for it.

Your bike is absolutely beautiful!!

Old 06-20-2015 | 07:08 PM
Dre88
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by JayDee5150
The Springer guards will work, I have them installed on my 2004 Heritage...the fit just fine.

You can mount a tool box on the right side of the bike with true duals no problem...I've got one on my bike with true duals.

Get her done!
Sweet deal! I'll order them this week

Old 06-21-2015 | 05:09 PM
Dre88
|
Advanced

Posted up in Laconia bike week

Old 06-21-2015 | 07:49 PM
RDY2ROLL
Cruiser

Nice!

Old 06-22-2015 | 05:19 AM
TheCarpenter
Cruiser

I think the 21" up front and the duals out back set it off pretty good. I think its pretty well time to call this build complete and start a new one!

Old 06-22-2015 | 06:27 AM
Next In Line
Outstanding HDF Member

You are missing bugs, dirt and other road grime.

Old 06-22-2015 | 07:22 AM
Santo
Road Warrior

Nice looking Vicla... The tool box will fit with duels but only on the right side, the Springer guards will also bolt right on softail frames are all the same pretty much. I would slam the front, remove the rear fender apron, add a Nacelle headlight, remove the hi-way pegs. Other then that your bike is clean and that color looks amazing. Great work and vision.

Old 06-22-2015 | 08:33 AM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member

OK, I'll bite. What is a "vicla look?"

Old 06-22-2015 | 12:36 PM
Santo
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Hey Man
OK, I'll bite. What is a "vicla look?"

Vicla is short or slang for bicycle in the Chicano/Hispanic/Mexican American language. The word “bicicleta” is the correct pronunciation in Spanish but in the Hispanic culture it has evolved to “Vicla” for short. With this said the word vicla can be used to describe anything with two wheels in the Hispanic culture, kind of like shorting the word bicycle in the English language to “bike”. Moving on I’ll make this as short as I can so it not a long boring read. As you may know the lowrider car scene is very strong and evident in the Hispanic/Chicano/Mexican American culture and we express ourselves with a certain style (low, lots of chrome, nice paint jobs). The low rider craze originated in Southern California in the 1950’s and is still very strong and it seems like all the new current ideas for cars and motorcycles originate in SoCal so the word “Vicla” just means bike or bicycle in slang but for some reason this forums has labeled this Chicano style look as a “Vicla” or also known as SoCal style Harley’s. Hope this makes sense.

Old 06-22-2015 | 04:03 PM
Dre88
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by Santo
Nice looking Vicla... The tool box will fit with duels but only on the right side, the Springer guards will also bolt right on softail frames are all the same pretty much. I would slam the front, remove the rear fender apron, add a Nacelle headlight, remove the hi-way pegs. Other then that your bike is clean and that color looks amazing. Great work and vision.
Thank you and Likewise!! Shotgun shocks, tool box and springer bars are next on the list, as far as the from goes I'm still looking around. Leaning towards the progressive drop in monotubes.... This **** seems endless haha

Quick Reply: Vicla build...what am I missing?