Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXSB Breakout – Custom Paint & more Chrome

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2015 | 09:58 AM
Lindosan
Cruiser

Thanks, but how about the ride ? are they more light like Pirelli ? how will they handle on a mountain road ?
Can I keep my stock rear fender ?

Old 10-27-2015 | 11:53 AM
EagleRay
|
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Lindosan
are you satisfied with the ME tyres ? Did you drive the stock tires before so you know the difference ?
Will I be able to install those tires on my BO rims or is 260 only possible on your CVO rim ?
Like Nostradamus mentioned those tires will fit your stock rims. They are the same size as the CVO rims, AFAIK. And yes, u can also keep your stock fender!

Yes I did ride appr. 3800 mls on the stock tires before I swapped them for the new rims with those wider rear and thinner front. The ME tires handle very well compared to the stock ones which is kinda surprising considering they are wider than the stockers. But actually on the rim they are not 20mm wider but only 7mm due to the width of the rim being the limiting factor here.

They feel a lot nimbler and the bike handles much easier when cornering or turning. Also the wear pattern of the rear tire is much better than that of the stock one. While the stocker mainly wears down in the center tread section the wear of the 260 is rather evenly spread over the entire tread/width.

Last edited by EagleRay; 10-27-2015 at 12:28 PM.
Old 10-27-2015 | 12:33 PM
Rocker B
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by EagleRay
Like Nostradamus mentioned those tires will fit your stock rims. They are the same size as the CVO rims, AFAIK.
But actually on the rim they are not 20mm wider but only 7mm due to the width of the rim being the limiting factor here.
Good to know, I ordered a Metz 260 based on info in the Breakout thread , but I was thinking it was going to be really tight getting an extra 20mm in there, belt is just over 10mm away from the stock tire now! Happy to know it will be no problem.

Old 10-27-2015 | 12:46 PM
EagleRay
|
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Rocker B
Good to know, I ordered a Metz 260 based on info in the Breakout thread , but I was thinking it was going to be really tight getting an extra 20mm in there, belt is just over 10mm away from the stock tire now! Happy to know it will be no problem.
If it were a true 20mm more it might even be very tight inside the fender where the mounting points for the fender struts are....can hardly get my pinky in the remaining gap.

Old 10-27-2015 | 01:10 PM
Rocker B
Road Warrior

If it were a true 20mm more it might even be very tight inside the fender where the mounting points for the fender struts are....can hardly get my pinky in the remaining gap.
Hadn't even thought to worry about that yet!! ha ha, glad I don't have to.

Old 10-28-2015 | 08:41 PM
Lindosan
Cruiser

Like Nostradamus mentioned those tires will fit your stock rims. They are the same size as the CVO rims, AFAIK. And yes, u can also keep your stock fender!

Yes I did ride appr. 3800 mls on the stock tires before I swapped them for the new rims with those wider rear and thinner front. The ME tires handle very well compared to the stock ones which is kinda surprising considering they are wider than the stockers. But actually on the rim they are not 20mm wider but only 7mm due to the width of the rim being the limiting factor here.

They feel a lot nimbler and the bike handles much easier when cornering or turning. Also the wear pattern of the rear tire is much better than that of the stock one. While the stocker mainly wears down in the center tread section the wear of the 260 is rather evenly spread over the entire tread/width.

Thanks, Ill try to check if I can buy ME tires here in Japan

Old 11-14-2015 | 11:58 AM
EagleRay
|
Ultimate HDF Member
Default New Pics

Here are some pics a friend of mine took end of October before the bike went into winter storage....

Full set of pics here >>

The following users liked this post:
Hdbreakout84 (08-29-2023)
Old 11-14-2015 | 05:16 PM
Redlegvzv
Stellar HDF Member

OP, that is one bitchin' bike! Gorgeous all around.

Old 11-15-2015 | 01:53 AM
EagleRay
|
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Redlegvzv
OP, that is one bitchin' bike! Gorgeous all around.
Thx a lot Red. Next and assumingly "last" mods to come in spring are chromed oil tank, chromed fork sliders and a chromed handlebar with chromed switch housings, master cylinder and clutch bracket. Ah, not to forget most likely chromed calipers as well....Plus I will have progressive fork springs installed to improve the front suspension.

Old 11-15-2015 | 02:39 AM
Rocker B
Road Warrior

Looks great, love the paint!! I've got the Progressive springs going in next week too, I've heard they really help!

Quick Reply: FXSB Breakout – Custom Paint & more Chrome