Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Security fob and code.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2015, 10:54 PM
66spitfire
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Security fob and code.....

Is it very easy to change the 5 digit code? I am worried that I will screw it up, and I don't want to have to go to dealer for help changing it. Just wondering what you guys do or did, and if you had any issues

Old 06-15-2015, 07:21 AM
zz2h33
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

From the owners manual:
To change the PIN -
1. Select a 5-digit PIN
2. With an assigned fob present, turn the OFF/RUN switch to OFF
3. Turn the ignition switch to IGN
4. Cycle the OFF/RUN switch twice: RUN - OFF - RUN - OFF - RUN
5. Press left turn signal switch 2 times. "ENTER PIN" will display in the odometer window.
6. Press right turn signal switch 1 time and release. Turn signals will flash 3 times. Current PIN will appear in odometer window. The first digit will be flashing.
7. Enter first digit of new PIN by pressing and releasing the left turn signal switch until the selected digit appears.
8. Press right turn signal switch 1 time and release. The new digit will replace the current in odometer window.
9. Enter second digit of selected PIN by pressing and releasing the left turn sigal switch until the selected digit is present
10. Press right turn signal switch 1 time and release. The new digit will replace the current in odometer window.
11. Enter third digit of selected PIN by pressing and releasing the left turn sigal switch until the selected digit is present
12. Press right turn signal switch 1 time and release. The new digit will replace the current in odometer window.
13. Enter fourth digit of selected PIN by pressing and releasing the left turn sigal switch until the selected digit is present
14. Press right turn signal switch 1 time and release. The new digit will replace the current in odometer window.
15. Enter fifth digit of selected PIN by pressing and releasing the left turn sigal switch until the selected digit is present
16. Press right turn signal switch 1 time and release. The new digit will replace the current in odometer window.
17. Turn the OFF/RUN switch to OFF, then turn the ignition switch to OFF. Pushing the OFF/RUN switch to OFF stores the new PIN.

Old 06-15-2015, 07:59 AM
1004ron
Road Warrior
Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts

Once you've changed the PIN, save the override instructions to your phone - I took the tear-out from the owners manual which I keep in my wallet.

Old 06-15-2015, 08:30 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

If you knew me, and I said, "well I did it", you would know how easy it is. I have done it with each bike I have. They all have the same code though since I can not remember multiple codes.

Old 06-15-2015, 11:35 AM
TOWERPC
Intermediate

I took a screenshot of the card in the manual and made it the image for my local HD dealer. Now I just have to remember my PIN.

Old 06-16-2015, 06:12 PM
QuanLoi
Stage II

Originally Posted by zz2h33
From the owners manual:
To change the PIN -
1. Select a 5-digit PIN
2. With an assigned fob present, turn the OFF/RUN switch to OFF
3. Turn the ignition switch to IGN
4. Cycle the OFF/RUN switch twice: RUN - OFF - RUN - OFF - RUN
5. Press left turn signal switch 2 times. "ENTER PIN" will display in the odometer window.
6. Press right turn signal switch 1 time and release. Turn signals will flash 3 times. Current PIN will appear in odometer window. The first digit will be flashing.
7. Enter first digit of new PIN by pressing and releasing the left turn signal switch until the selected digit appears.
8. Press right turn signal switch 1 time and release. The new digit will replace the current in odometer window.
9. Enter second digit of selected PIN by pressing and releasing the left turn sigal switch until the selected digit is present
10. Press right turn signal switch 1 time and release. The new digit will replace the current in odometer window.
11. Enter third digit of selected PIN by pressing and releasing the left turn sigal switch until the selected digit is present
12. Press right turn signal switch 1 time and release. The new digit will replace the current in odometer window.
13. Enter fourth digit of selected PIN by pressing and releasing the left turn sigal switch until the selected digit is present
14. Press right turn signal switch 1 time and release. The new digit will replace the current in odometer window.
15. Enter fifth digit of selected PIN by pressing and releasing the left turn sigal switch until the selected digit is present
16. Press right turn signal switch 1 time and release. The new digit will replace the current in odometer window.
17. Turn the OFF/RUN switch to OFF, then turn the ignition switch to OFF. Pushing the OFF/RUN switch to OFF stores the new PIN.

I have been trying to change the PIN on my Heritage... I get through steps 1 through 5 and "Enter Pin" does not appear in odometer window. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Any suggestions?