Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Experience with Shade Tree Fab exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2016 | 09:26 AM
G Dub
Road Captain

OK...I'm dedicating this afternoon to searching for a fabricator. I'm dedicated to this research and riding around everywhere I can to complete it today. That's how much I care about you guys.

OK, don't think me a martyr...it's gonna be 60 today in the ATL. But still...ya know...it's all about you guys...really.

Old 01-14-2016 | 05:05 PM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

I sish I could help, but no. Too damn busy workin two jobs and family. So I reLly aporeciate your help.
Thanks Dub

Old 01-14-2016 | 05:21 PM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

If you peek into the "Winter project 2015" thread here in the softsil section, the thread starter has what we want, but has yet to disclose his sorce

Old 01-14-2016 | 08:40 PM
G Dub
Road Captain

Splattttttt, keep bringing in those duckets. Thanks for keeping an eye out for another source. Let us know if you get a hit there.

OK boys. We have a source! Exotic Exhaust in Hiram, GA. They don't have a website, but they're on Facebook and get great reviews. Plus, a guy I trust a lot has worked with this cat and his father for a long time.

I didn't get any estimate today as the joint was very busy and I may not get over there tomorrow. So, I haven't figured out cost, timeframe or any of that, and I probably won't for a week or so, since I'm headed out of town for work. In any case it gives me some time to figure out a few things from each of you.

1. You in? If so, what's your price limit? (you can PM that if you prefer)
2. Model and year
3. Black or chrome?
4. Do you want exactly like the Shadetree style or do you want custom bends, other tips, have big saddlebags, passenger pegs vs boards, fat ol' lady, etc.?
5. Anything else I ought to know? I'm not sure what else to ask.

I'll even see if he can test for on a similar bike to yours if we can find one.

You're welcome to work with them directly, but Matt told me whoever is first will incur the jigging/tooling/setup cost (can't remember what he said, I was so excited he was reputable and could do it). I think it's best if we can get a few folks together and share the setup across all of us.

By the way, found a muffler with the shark fin tip thru V-Twin Manufacturing part # 30-0880. It's the old style muffler, not tapered like some of us prefer, but I'm willing to settle at this point. Matt did say he has some stock Harley stuff laying around. Maybe there are other options.

Reach out and let me know any specifics and I'll get with Matt in the next week or so.

We're getting there!

Last edited by G Dub; 01-15-2016 at 05:02 AM.
Old 01-21-2016 | 09:48 PM
G Dub
Road Captain

OK. So I believe -splattttttt is still in on this. Let me hear from the rest of you cats and I'll get details from you.

Some others who have expressed interest:

-mntadpole
-jetfever

Let me know if I've missed anyone.

In the meantime, I've started a build thread that will have the details of all progress, including exhaust. If you're interested it's here:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...r-classic.html

Old 01-22-2016 | 03:15 AM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Definitely in!
Considering cost and finished product details. An in whether it will get a cerami dip. No shields necessary. And muffler choice. Those thre things.
My slim is stock, meaning it hasnt been lowered. Eye candy

Old 01-22-2016 | 06:56 AM
cocky
Outstanding HDF Member

Im interested, chrome for me. We really need to hear the sound as well as looks. Im good with about any sound as long as its deep and not tiny like my V&H BSS with the stock baffles.

Old 01-22-2016 | 09:23 AM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Chrome would look nice on yours

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 03-02-2016 at 11:39 AM.
Old 01-22-2016 | 05:05 PM
G Dub
Road Captain

Originally Posted by cocky
Im interested, chrome for me. We really need to hear the sound as well as looks. Im good with about any sound as long as its deep and not tiny like my V&H BSS with the stock baffles.
Sweet, cocky! That's 3 sets so far, possibly 4 if jetfever is still in. That will help,us offset jigging/tooling (if any).

I'm gonna talk to the exhaust guys next week. I'll PM for details as necessary and let you know price estimate. If you have anyone else interested (assuming right config/price) send them this thread.

Old 01-23-2016 | 08:04 AM
cocky
Outstanding HDF Member

These type of pipes are what i need. Something along these lines. I dont want duals. I think i could piece it together, but i dont want to take off a perfectly good (new) V&H pipes and do that. Everything i currently see would need o2 sensors welded on. I would like a complete set with headers/o2 sensors, shields, a muffler, brackets, gaskets and instructions at a reasonable price. Theres money to be made.

Quick Reply: Experience with Shade Tree Fab exhaust?