Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Experience with Shade Tree Fab exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2015 | 09:29 AM
G Dub
Road Captain

Originally Posted by hspring03
I put a similar exhaust on my 02

Paughco 2 in 1 headpipe.
V-Twin old school fan tail
Flex pipe covers

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/440-138
http://www.ebay.com/itm/330636926879

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...project-3.html
Ask and ye shall receive! Thanks hspring03.

We're getting there. Now all we need is the shark fin tip.

Old 12-24-2015 | 09:49 AM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member

G_Dub, hspring03 has you covered. If vintage look is what you seek, that's the setup. The flex pipe look is awesome. That muffler comes with the fantail.

My understanding from Ace is that the muffler is very restrictive, but you can drill it out. If you completely drill it out, you might want to look into my lollipop thread. But if you leave part of the muffler in there, I don't think you'll need it.

The video in this thread from S&S is well worth the watch.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...confirmed.html

Old 12-24-2015 | 09:58 AM
G Dub
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Joe_G
G_Dub, hspring03 has you covered. If vintage look is what you seek, that's the setup. The flex pipe look is awesome. That muffler comes with the fantail.

My understanding from Ace is that the muffler is very restrictive, but you can drill it out. If you completely drill it out, you might want to look into my lollipop thread. But if you leave part of the muffler in there, I don't think you'll need it.

The video in this thread from S&S is well worth the watch.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...confirmed.html
Thanks Joe_G. And also thanks to you, I've seen the S&S video and the lollipop thread. I'll probably want more flow, so I'll likely try drilling and lollipops.

G

Old 12-24-2015 | 10:00 AM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member

You have the perfect bike for that Knucklhead exhaust. Next mod, a sprung seat. All the parts are still available from HD.

Oh and welcome to the forum, be careful, we'll spend your money!!

Old 12-24-2015 | 02:35 PM
G Dub
Road Captain

Oh yeah. That's part of the plan. Looking for a sprung seat that can go the distance.

Old 12-24-2015 | 02:56 PM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member

SprungDave is your man. Invite him in, he's in the know about the sprung seat. I understand the 1925 tractor seat is very comfortable.

Old 12-24-2015 | 03:03 PM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

G. Dub, first let me opologize for the spelling in that response I gave to your earlier comment. Was in a hurry and too early in the am for me. And then let me thank you for this great info and gettin our vintage big dogs to collaborate along side with you.
I've read about the pipes that were suggested before and am sure that that is as close as we'll ever get. But bein short on cash for me as usual, I am concerned about making the wrong choice on fitment. Only really want to buy once rather then get stuck having to re sell if it dont fit my Slim. So I need all the help I can get. So thanks again for your help

Old 12-24-2015 | 03:30 PM
G Dub
Road Captain

No worries at all splattttttt, yourmessage made perfect sense to me. It's all those t's that get me. I had to go back to see what was wrong with it.

Anyway, I'm not letting this go. I'm gonna do all I can to make sure we all get an affordable fit. I want those fatty mufflers and that shark tail.

Merry Christmas! Sweet dreams of Christmas trees, lollipops, and baby dolls

Old 12-24-2015 | 08:39 PM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

You and I think a lot alike, so ditto

Old 12-25-2015 | 08:14 AM
Jetfever
Road Captain
Default Spring Seat

G Dub, Thanks for the BabyDoll shot, first thing I saw with my Cup a Joe this morning:-)

Merry Christmas! Great full moon last night, perfect for walking the dogs in the hills.

I think my Spring seat mod would be awesome on your Springer.

(Harley seat, cut down and welded X Bones mount, My own under seat and fender covers):

Good luck with the exhaust. I want one as well. I like the Shadetree headers, they appear to "flow" the rear exhaust better, rather than at a 90 degree angle like the Paughco. I'm still looking...

Quick Reply: Experience with Shade Tree Fab exhaust?