Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Breakout Sundowner seat VS Stock Seat?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 07:05 AM
Jakdup
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Breakout Sundowner seat VS Stock Seat?

Just wondering what the difference is between the Sundowner seat and the stock seat? I see its wider and has a little more lower back support. does it move you any closer to the handle bars or foot controls? Wanting to get a Nicer seat for me a the Lady (she doesn't like the stock passenger seat, don't blame her) Looked into Danny Gray seats but the lower back part looks very high?!

Any help would be awesome!

Oh I'm only 5'2" so seat can't make me sit any higher!! Bike is already lowered 2" and have to wear boots to reach! lol sucks!

Old 06-10-2015, 09:23 PM
FurryOne
Road Master
Received 127 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Jakdup
Just wondering what the difference is between the Sundowner seat and the stock seat? I see its wider and has a little more lower back support. does it move you any closer to the handle bars or foot controls? Wanting to get a Nicer seat for me a the Lady (she doesn't like the stock passenger seat, don't blame her) Looked into Danny Gray seats but the lower back part looks very high?!

Any help would be awesome!

Oh I'm only 5'2" so seat can't make me sit any higher!! Bike is already lowered 2" and have to wear boots to reach! lol sucks!
Heere's 2 photos I took in a series to illustrate the differences between the stock and Sundowner seat with the Sundowner passenger pillion installed. they're pretty much on the same angle so you can get an idea of the thickness of the Sundowner main seat. The one with the gap is the original seat. To me it seems the Sundowner will raise you up 1/2"-1" due to increased thickness. It looks like it brings you forward a bit, but that's an optical illusion caused by the original seat being cut-off in the back compared to the Sundowner.

Attached Thumbnails Breakout Sundowner seat VS Stock Seat?-img_0796.jpg   Breakout Sundowner seat VS Stock Seat?-img_0800.jpg  

Last edited by FurryOne; 06-10-2015 at 09:28 PM.
Old 11-15-2015, 09:09 AM
Reject12
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi
Have you considered the sundowner reduced reach seat which is slightly lower and put you a couple of inches closer to the peddles.

Old 11-15-2015, 09:15 AM
Nitro 54
Road Master
Received 81 Likes on 67 Posts

The Sundowner is a very comfortable seat for both the driver and passenger. It will set you forward about a 1 1/2". You can try one at your local dealer before buying.

Old 11-15-2015, 09:48 AM
HenryT
Road Master
Received 74 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Reject12
Hi
Have you considered the sundowner reduced reach seat which is slightly lower and put you a couple of inches closer to the peddles.
There is no Sundowner "reduced reach" seat for the BO. They do make a Reach Solo Seat which is what I guess your referring to. The Sundowner passenger pillion if used with the Reach Solo Seat will leave an even larger gap then pictured above (Furry) shown with the stock seat.