Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Almost bought a Breakout today

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2015 | 01:37 PM
iconmaker
Intermediate

how much is a Breakout in the US ? ...just curious to see what you guys pay for a brand new BO on the road after taxes etc

here in the UK they cost about £16k that's around $24k to you guys

Old 05-31-2015 | 01:43 PM
iconmaker
Intermediate

Oh, nearly forgot to say: ...... buy it!!!!!! ...you know you want it ;-)

Old 05-31-2015 | 02:07 PM
Tailsfrommycrib
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by iconmaker
how much is a Breakout in the US ? ...just curious to see what you guys pay for a brand new BO on the road after taxes etc

Starting price in American currency is $18,599

Old 05-31-2015 | 03:49 PM
Jersey Drew
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by iconmaker

when i was shopping last year the going rate "Out The Door" was low $20k so not too far off from what you guys pay. time of year plays a big role in dealer discounts. buying anytime other than fall you will most likely pay full retail.

Old 05-31-2015 | 04:50 PM
cocky
Outstanding HDF Member

Look at it this way, u still have a bike to ride until u can get the deal u want. Thats what happened to me.

Old 05-31-2015 | 05:03 PM
Whtwolf14
Road Master

You are thinking smart at least. With a new baby and mama not working for a bit, so it's probably not the best time. I keep wanting to stop by my local Stealership, but like you I'd be tempted to jump on a Street Bob...I'm wanting a Dyna to ride these mountains on.

And "Cocky", bro, I can't keep my mind focused on reading a post when your Avatar is looking the way she does...

Old 05-31-2015 | 05:06 PM
snappyfish
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jam436
You're gonna let your dream bike slip through your fingers over $50?
You have more willpower than I do...
My thoughts exactly... get back and get it 'breakout' that $50 from your wallet.

Old 05-31-2015 | 09:15 PM
Papas1972
Stage IV
Default Don't do it

Think like a new dad and be smart. You know it's not just an extra $50 dollars a month don't you? It's gonna be hundreads and hundreds a month extra because you know you won't stop at just the bike. You know you'll need an exhaust, at least a stage 1 tune, some chrome goodies, maybe a new seat, risers, bars, controls.... Shall I continue?? Every one of us uses this rational to sell ourselves and our wives the bullshit. And seriously bro, if it wasn't for the new baby I would say go for it, but you know it's not the right time. Be smart!!

Old 05-31-2015 | 10:52 PM
cdonis
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Papas1972
Think like a new dad and be smart. You know it's not just an extra $50 dollars a month don't you? It's gonna be hundreads and hundreds a month extra because you know you won't stop at just the bike. You know you'll need an exhaust, at least a stage 1 tune, some chrome goodies, maybe a new seat, risers, bars, controls.... Shall I continue?? Every one of us uses this rational to sell ourselves and our wives the bullshit. And seriously bro, if it wasn't for the new baby I would say go for it, but you know it's not the right time. Be smart!!
Probably smacked it right on the head. I bought mine when my last child was 1 yr old( 4 kids at home)Had no car payments or I would have never done it. But ya, since then I've dropped some cash on it too. Good luck whatever you do.

Old 06-03-2015 | 05:40 PM
fake
|
Tourer

Well, I did it. Actually the wife called the dealer and told them to write it up!

First mod will be to get rid of that stupid *** side license plate thing. What is everyone replacing it with, or can you mod it some how?

Quick Reply: Almost bought a Breakout today