Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Springer Seat on a Deluxe - Highly Recommended

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 03:43 PM
Katie
Elite HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Springer Seat on a Deluxe - Highly Recommended

From the pic, it looks like the design on the leatheris still the same,. or very similar to the stock seat, yes?
Do you have a part # for just the rail?
About how much higher do you sit compared to the stock seat?

Thanks

Old 04-29-2007, 03:48 PM
Mike NY
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: Katie

From the pic, it looks like the design on the leatheris still the same,. or very similar to the stock seat, yes?
Do you have a part # for just the rail?
About how much higher do you sit compared to the stock seat?

Thanks
I listed all the part numbers in this thread:

https://www.hdforums.com/m_1558943/tm.htm

Mike
NY

Old 04-30-2007, 08:56 PM
sdeluxe
Novice

man just got back form the laughlin run and i need to change my seat or have it shaved down

Old 05-01-2007, 04:02 AM
atomic
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: spooner

I've got a "springer" seat on my deluxe, but I've got to be honest...it's really not as confortable as the stock seat

[IMG]local://upfiles/29874/B7BB2302AC8948E8B9BAF317404CD7FE.jpg[/IMG]
That seat is really cool.

Old 05-09-2007, 11:04 PM
a_baione
Stage I

Will anything that confy with backrest fit an 06 fxsti? I'm 6' 1" with a bad lower back and need more support. Sitting back farther would also be a plus.

Old 05-11-2007, 10:36 PM
rotorhead
Cruiser

That looks real comfy, my problem is my short inseam. Did the new seat raise the seat heighat alot?

Old 05-12-2007, 04:16 AM
05 HD Deluxe
Tourer

Does the stock deluxe passenger pillion still work with that seat ? Easy on easy off like the stock deluxe seat. ?

Old 05-14-2007, 04:56 PM
gk2410
Advanced

I've been looking for a replacement for the stock Deluxe seat and weighing all the options. I've had Sundowner seats on previous bikes and really liked the comfort for long rides. Got one delivered last week and it's terrible. Makes me feel like there's no padding under my butt and I'm sitting on the battery box. A big disappointment. Came onto the forum here was was going through the Deluxe photo albums and noted the seat that looked almost like the Deluxe factory but wasn't...

Thank you and previous posters for the information on the Springer Heritage seat and the optional back rests. It looks like the answer. My question concerns a passenger pillion. Has anyone also purchased the Springer Heritage passenger pilion? How wide is it? Maybe another passenger seat that you were able to match up to the Springer Heritage seat? I need something for my wife to be able to ride for more than an hour without complaints, but want to keep the styling, etc.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Old 05-18-2007, 03:04 PM
SoCalFXSTI
Tourer

I have the seat on my Softail Mutt too. It is big and bulky looking, but darn comfy. I originally got it because I liked the nostalgic look of the rail and conchos. I didnt like the basket weave on either the Springer or Deluxe seat, I took minein to get reupholstered. There is a passenger rail available to, matches up real nice. I dont know the part number.

Old 05-18-2007, 03:08 PM
SoCalFXSTI
Tourer

ORIGINAL: gk2410

I've been looking for a replacement for the stock Deluxe seat and weighing all the options. I've had Sundowner seats on previous bikes and really liked the comfort for long rides. Got one delivered last week and it's terrible. Makes me feel like there's no padding under my butt and I'm sitting on the battery box. A big disappointment. Came onto the forum here was was going through the Deluxe photo albums and noted the seat that looked almost like the Deluxe factory but wasn't...

Thank you and previous posters for the information on the Springer Heritage seat and the optional back rests. It looks like the answer. My question concerns a passenger pillion. Has anyone also purchased the Springer Heritage passenger pilion? How wide is it? Maybe another passenger seat that you were able to match up to the Springer Heritage seat? I need something for my wife to be able to ride for more than an hour without complaints, but want to keep the styling, etc.

Any suggestions? Thanks
[/align][/align]The Springer passenger pilion/pad/seat is a far better alternative than the stock Deluxe one. It is wider and more plush, and it matches the styling perfeclty. I run it on mine when the old lady comes along, i also have the matching passenger rail. [/align]

Quick Reply: Springer Seat on a Deluxe - Highly Recommended