Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HogDeluxe Swing Arm Bag

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2015 | 03:27 PM
Merej
|
Stage II
Thumbs up HogDeluxe Swing Arm Bag

My HogDeluxe swing arm bag arrived today. I called on a Monday and they said they had some in stock and they could ship it out right away. I ordered it that same day and picked the 4-6 days shipping (cheapest option) and it arrived the following Monday on my door step. They couldn't have done any better.

The quality is excellent. The HogDeluxe company always had great reviews on quality of product but have had some poor reviews in the past on delivery. I sent one email to request a tracking number and I had a response in less than 30 minutes.

If I didn't mind the look of saddlebags on the Deluxe, I would purchase from them again.

I just felt a nice review should be posted for them since the only posts were of long delivery times back in 2012 and 2013.

Straps were provided but like every other swing arm bag, the straps can wear the powdercoating off the swing arm so this weekend I will be building the mounting brackets. There are other posts on here detailing how that is done.

Attached Thumbnails HogDeluxe Swing Arm Bag-img_7411.jpg  
Old 05-18-2015 | 04:55 PM
cocky
Outstanding HDF Member

Very nice, especially with the basket weave. Post pics when done.

Old 05-18-2015 | 06:18 PM
kneesinthebreeze
Road Master

Very nice on the swing arm bag.

I have the Hog Deluxe Old School bags on my bike and love them. Their quality of work it excellent. Mine rarely come off as they are so useful and they look great on my bike.

Old 05-19-2015 | 04:47 AM
Badbagger09
Road Master

I too have the HogDeluxe springer style bags I purchased in 2011, large volume of storage, great quality, and looks good on a softail.

Old 05-19-2015 | 07:19 AM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member

dang, I ordered mine last week, should be here end of the week first of the next.
Nice bag, I chose it over Fox Creeks after reading earlier threads and a few reviews.
HD has a clear plastic tape that fits onto the swing arm to protect from leather chaffing the paint, I was thinking just grab some 3M and cut to size.

Old 05-19-2015 | 10:36 AM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Wanted to add, Dead Creek Cycles' Bobber Bracket for Softails looks to be a better option than the HD protective tape or 3M film. Thinking of going that route myself after reading what few reviews I could find.

Old 05-19-2015 | 11:54 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member

I had my bag hard mounted but went back to the straps and 3m tape. Too much of a hassle to remove it when I want to throw on the saddle bags.

Old 05-19-2015 | 12:31 PM
Berick
Road Captain

I have the Dead Creek Bracket for my Leatherworks Solo Bag and Misbehavin is correct.... if you want to remove the solo bag for anything, it is not a "quick-and-easy-job" to remove the bracket and bag. If you want a quick and easy removal or attachment.... I would stay with the straps and put some 3M tape around the contact areas.

Old 05-19-2015 | 01:18 PM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
I had my bag hard mounted but went back to the straps and 3m tape. Too much of a hassle to remove it when I want to throw on the saddle bags.
Originally Posted by Berick
I have the Dead Creek Bracket for my Leatherworks Solo Bag and Misbehavin is correct.... if you want to remove the solo bag for anything, it is not a "quick-and-easy-job" to remove the bracket and bag. If you want a quick and easy removal or attachment.... I would stay with the straps and put some 3M tape around the contact areas.

Thnx you two, was that close to ordering one. 3M tape it is

Old 05-19-2015 | 02:16 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member

Don't get me wrong the Dead creek mount is great. If I were never to use my saddle bags again it would go back on the bike in a heart beat.

Quick Reply: HogDeluxe Swing Arm Bag