Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Blackline now has Mid Controls.. :-)

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 05:01 PM
joebotics
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain
That's a Blackline? I never would have guessed it. But no rear fender? Not unless I had steel underwear and I never rode though any water.
LOL Yeah.. that is a Blackline.. or whatever is left of it... :-) ..... I am very used to the fender-less ride... and you are right about raining.. it sucks to ride in the rain..

Originally Posted by Ink83
Awesome man, mid controls is one thing I thought ahead to add on the train. How do up find the new rifing position over the long stretch forward?
Riding position is WAY better.. specially for me since I am a little punk *** at 5'6'' ... also.. since I ride with inverted handlebars it also allows me for better control of a bike.. similar to riding a Sports bike..

Originally Posted by Alain
I still haven't given up on my mids project. I'm waiting for Sikpipes to finish building my exhaust so I can finish the job.

Joe's set up is wild, I love how he did it all by himself
Man!.. the wait must be killing you.. I am patiently waiting to see your mid controls set up.. :-)

BTW.. did you see my new clean handlebars??.. :-)
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...bus-scoot.html

Originally Posted by KYfishtail
Where did you say the clutch control was?
I made a foot clutch where the gear shifter used to be.. please look at the photos posted at the top of the post.

Last edited by joebotics; 09-27-2015 at 05:53 PM.
Old 09-28-2015, 09:10 AM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 515 Likes on 453 Posts

you guys are brave, can't even think of wanting to bend over like that to ride a bike.

Old 10-20-2015, 05:45 AM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 82 Posts

Joebotics, I love your mods and that you always post up pics here on the forum. That's a real bobber you've built, very cool indeed.

I gotta say you're a braver man than I riding in Beach traffic with a suicide clutch!! lol At least we don't have any hills around here to contend with.

Since you have the mid controls, have you considered using a rocker style clutch like the old bikes had with the over center spring? Seems a bit more civilized... which may not be what you're going for... :-)

Old 10-20-2015, 01:50 PM
joebotics
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 37 Posts

Hey Joe_G!!! .. thanks for the nice comments.. :-)

I installed the Rekluse Centriifugal Auto Clutch.. really cool technology... and it simplifies the foot clutch operation.. riding with foot clutch / hand operated shifter is definitely suicidal in South Florida!!. LOL!!!

I have never used a rocker style foot clutch.. I know what it does.. but with the centrifugal clutch I think I have a nice setup.. Rekluse did a great job with the new design..

Are you going to the Toy Run?

Old 10-20-2015, 02:05 PM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 82 Posts

Ahh centrifugal clutch, similar to what we had on the Honda Trail 70's? That would be awesome indeed, so I'm guessing its centrifugal when stopping, but for shifting you use the foot clutch?

That would be a life saver. You should post that in the other dude's thread who's riding around in Colorado with a suicide clutch.... it's called that for a reason....!

I will go to the toy run but not the run itself, I went a couple of years ago and it was hot as hades putting along at walking speed on 595. I do like the big event so I'll go there.

I go to Cafe 27 most Sunday afternoons, always a big bike show. I'd love to check out your bike in person so if you feel like heading out there let me know.

p.s. did you ever ride a Trail 70? If so did you figure out that you could push the gearshift down when in first and it'd give you neutral so you could do a nice wheelie when you let the shifter up? lol