Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ECM/PCiii Troubles

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 12:28 PM
Rhubarb06
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECM/PCiii Troubles

2006 Night Train. Last summer my bike wouldn't turn over. It was acting like it was a dead battery so I put my jumper pack on it and it started I took them off and it died. I thought the battery was really dead so I tried charging it for a while that was no help. When I check the voltage on the battery is only showing 8v and would not take a charge. I figured the new battery I put in it that spring shorted. When I put a new battery and it still wouldn't turn over. I removed the power commander and plugged the ECM straight to the wire harness, it ran. All was normal. I plugged the power commander back in and it started and ran the first time then would not turn over again. Removed the power commander and still not turning over. When I turn the key to ignition the lights turn on. Oil light turns on. Fuel pump runs. No speedo lights. No check engine light (should be on while fuel pump runs) no odometer readout nothing happens when trying to press the start button, no click, nothing. No speedo lights or gauge flicker when In ignition or acc. Only headlight/markers and oil light... Any ideas?

Old 04-14-2015, 11:35 PM
balloo
Tourer
Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts

Sounds like you have a bad power commander.

If all works fine with it disconnected I would send it back for a check/test

I had similar problem with my Fuel Pak - - it was faulty. Worked fine for about 500-miles then went dead. V & H finally sent me a new one. Took several weeks while they told me they were testing mine - finally decided to send a new one.

Good Luck