Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

has anyone blacked out thier whole fork on the charcoal satin slim?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 09:08 AM
scottylonebull
Road Master
Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts
Default has anyone blacked out thier whole fork on the charcoal satin slim?

I cant find any good pics of the charcoal satin slim with a totally blacked out fork. I was wondering if its too black for the charcoal color. I also want to black out the whole motor and primary case. not sure if all the black would be too dark for the gray.

Old 04-07-2015, 10:13 AM
Dogs57
Tourer
Received 87 Likes on 56 Posts

I think the black would really accent the charcoal. Take a color photograph of your bike and use a marker to black out what you want on the bike. It will give you a pretty good idea of what it would look like.

Old 04-07-2015, 04:46 PM
dharmon012
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i say do it. i just blacked out my forks and tins on my fatty and it changed the whole look

Attached Thumbnails has anyone blacked out thier whole fork on the charcoal satin slim?-img_5483.jpg   has anyone blacked out thier whole fork on the charcoal satin slim?-img_5484.jpg   has anyone blacked out thier whole fork on the charcoal satin slim?-img_5495.jpg  
Old 04-07-2015, 05:46 PM
scottylonebull
Road Master

Originally Posted by dharmon012
i say do it. i just blacked out my forks and tins on my fatty and it changed the whole look
you have charcoal gray tins?

Old 04-07-2015, 05:48 PM
scottylonebull
Road Master

Originally Posted by Dogs57
I think the black would really accent the charcoal. Take a color photograph of your bike and use a marker to black out what you want on the bike. It will give you a pretty good idea of what it would look like.
yeah, i'm going to try using photoshop and color in the parts I want blacked out and get a rough idea. i'd rather see it on a real bike though

Old 04-07-2015, 09:23 PM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,365 Likes on 988 Posts

Originally Posted by scottylonebull
yeah, i'm going to try using photoshop and color in the parts I want blacked out and get a rough idea. i'd rather see it on a real bike though
See post #2428.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...l#post13310204

hope this helps,

T.

Old 04-07-2015, 10:56 PM
scottylonebull
Road Master

Originally Posted by WKNDS
See post #2428.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...l#post13310204

hope this helps,

T.
tx bro, I actually did see that one, ive gone through 100's of slim posts before I put this up, i'm almost going blind...lol...doesn't look bad, I saved that pic, but was looking for better pics. why he didn't black out the risers or headlight trim i'll never know...

Old 06-27-2015, 08:50 PM
Kaeleb75
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's not a good photo, but I blacked out mine as well. I also went with Biltwell Thunder Risers that are black. As for the headlight trim rings? I have chrome because I can't find black trim rings for the Auxiliary Lights. I have a black one for the headlight, but without the other trim rings, what's the point? I figure I will get them powder coated this winter and fix the problem. Also blacking out the engine, just the rockers need done, but again, I might do that when riding season is over.

Old 06-27-2015, 08:51 PM
Kaeleb75
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right now, I am sitting here trying to figure what it's going to take to get that Cross Bones tank panel off WKNDS

Old 06-27-2015, 10:31 PM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,365 Likes on 988 Posts

Originally Posted by Kaeleb75

It's not a good photo, but I blacked out mine as well. I also went with Biltwell Thunder Risers that are black. As for the headlight trim rings? I have chrome because I can't find black trim rings for the Auxiliary Lights. I have a black one for the headlight, but without the other trim rings, what's the point? I figure I will get them powder coated this winter and fix the problem. Also blacking out the engine, just the rockers need done, but again, I might do that when riding season is over.
These are the ones I used, #67700117
http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...lamp-trim-ring
From KutterHD they like $39.00

Hope this helps,

T.

Quick Reply: has anyone blacked out thier whole fork on the charcoal satin slim?