Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shotgun Question.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2015 | 07:15 PM
FurryOne
Road Master

Originally Posted by TpaGreenHornet
I ride mine slammed all the time too unless I'm going for a far ride
You must have some pretty smooth roads! Here in the salt belt the roads would toss you right off trying to do that. I see a few solid choppers around here, but never see any outside a city. I got tired of catching air under my a$$ with the stock shocks on mine, and the SS's have to be set very soft even in Summer! I'd say the SS's are the shocks HD was too cheap to put on themselves!

Old 04-02-2015 | 09:41 PM
ShadyLurker
Intermediate

I can't ride mine slammed.... The belt rubs at the top of the primary. Even worse since I went with the 21in front rim.

Old 04-03-2015 | 04:48 AM
Village Idiot™
Stellar HDF Member

Shave the primary?

Old 04-03-2015 | 07:10 AM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member

I ride slammed with just a touch of rebound. I get into some **** roads I just lift her up and keep on going.

I tell this to those who has gone with the SS and don't let this scare you off but really get the feel of it before you go to wild. The bike will handle a little different, no bad, just different with varying adjustments.

Example? the bike will take a curve different when its slammed compared to aired up or all the way up. To all the "haters", it's not a fault to point a finger at, it's math and physics, nothing more. I allow my son to ride my sled, but not to often cause if it aint raining I'm riding. 1st, if it were not safe or a fault I wouldn't allow my son and his G/F on it. I do however adjust it for him before he leaves and I tell him to keep his finger off of those toggle switches or ill kick his butt! He's not new to riding as I put him on his 1st dirt bike when he was 10 but he has little road experience.

Old 04-03-2015 | 08:30 AM
TpaGreenHornet
Tourer

Originally Posted by FurryOne
You must have some pretty smooth roads! Here in the salt belt the roads would toss you right off trying to do that. I see a few solid choppers around here, but never see any outside a city. I got tired of catching air under my a$$ with the stock shocks on mine, and the SS's have to be set very soft even in Summer! I'd say the SS's are the shocks HD was too cheap to put on themselves!

yeah our roads are in pretty good shape. We don't get the frozen winters and abuse to tear the roads up. The few roads that are rough you know to avoid or just air it up.

Tbone you are definitely right about it riding different depending on where you have it set. Slammed I drag my pipes just riding around regular curves. I add rebound to it too. Locks the swing arm. Kind of a fake hard tail

Last edited by TpaGreenHornet; 04-03-2015 at 08:35 AM.
Old 04-03-2015 | 08:37 AM
tripwire759
|
Road Warrior

I loved the slammed look of it but the roads in Colorado Springs are garbage so I won't ride it fully lowered. When I took off the stock shocks, one of them were blown.

Old 04-03-2015 | 10:21 PM
ShadyLurker
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Village Idiot™
Shave the primary?

I have to change the primary oil soon. I'm going to pull the cover off and see what I can do with it.

I thought the wires inside my rear fender were rubbing. That would have been too easy though.