Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clearview Shields??

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 07:27 PM
waynedavid13
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clearview Shields??

I have a 2011 Heritage classic and I'm not happy with the stock wind shield, to much head buffeting at hi speed + 55. I'm think about purchasing a larger windshield with recurve from Clearview Shields. interested in thoughts from people who have experience with this problem.
Thanks,
WP
http://www.clearviewshields.com/shop/harley-davidson/

Old 03-28-2015, 12:46 AM
Buckshaw
Intermediate

I cant comment on clear view shields but I will highly recommend Long Ride shields. the curve at the top make s a big difference. I know long ride shields was having a 50% off sale too, might want to check it out.

Old 03-28-2015, 05:20 AM
a99miata
Road Captain
Received 54 Likes on 39 Posts

I have a Long Ride shield and having only good things to say about it. A third the price of those other guys...

Old 03-28-2015, 08:57 AM
Triple M
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a Clearview shield on my CVO Softtail Convertible. It is curved at the top and does make a difference. I can't compare it to other brand names but can recommend it.

Old 03-29-2015, 08:32 AM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 82 Posts

I have a clearview shield, it is very high quality, thicker than the HD shield and has no coating on it. I have the recurve and it does provide good wind protection. Only problem is I got one that is so tall I look through it and I don't love that. I use it on long trips and my shorter one around town, if I bought again I'd buy a shorter one that I don't have to look through.

They offer custom heights and a 10% discount for HD forum members.

Last edited by Joe_G; 09-01-2015 at 04:36 PM.
Old 03-29-2015, 09:13 AM
fcsallan
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've used Klock Werks Flip and LRS shields with great luck. They all use the same concept just implemented a bit differently. The buffetting wwas better with each but not great until I added a large WindShield bag. Most of the turbulence was caused from under the shield.

Old 03-29-2015, 05:48 PM
SanJuanRon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 95 Posts

I have several Clearview Shields (with recurve) that I use on my CVO Ultra. High quality and help with the buffeting. SJ Ron

Old 07-30-2015, 08:46 AM
vince20721
Stage I

I have ordered the +2 clearview windshield for my 2011 CVO convertible. Can you tell me if the shield covers the turn signals on the handlebars?

How do you like the shield?

Old 09-01-2015, 04:28 PM
Clearview Shields
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Clearview Shields Response

Hello, my name is Andy, and I am the Customer Service Representative for Clearview Shields. I just wanted to chime in here and let you know that we do not advise using window cleaner on any plastic windshield. Ammonia and plastic are not compatible. I think the previous post may have been meant to say that our replacements shields are compatible with standard RainX formula. It is true that our substrate does not require the coating which is standard for polycarbonate windshields. Since there is no coating on our shields, you can expect to see a higher level of optical clarity in the shield, and you can also buff and polish scratches out of our windshields. If there is anything else that I can help you with, please call me at the 800 number.

Old 09-01-2015, 04:38 PM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Clearview Shields
Hello, my name is Andy, and I am the Customer Service Representative for Clearview Shields. I just wanted to chime in here and let you know that we do not advise using window cleaner on any plastic windshield. Ammonia and plastic are not compatible. I think the previous post may have been meant to say that our replacements shields are compatible with standard RainX formula. It is true that our substrate does not require the coating which is standard for polycarbonate windshields. Since there is no coating on our shields, you can expect to see a higher level of optical clarity in the shield, and you can also buff and polish scratches out of our windshields. If there is anything else that I can help you with, please call me at the 800 number.
Thank you for clarifying. I re-read my note from Josh, and while he confirmed that it has no coating and I can use rain x, he did not say I could use ammonia based cleaners on it. I misunderstood and corrected my post.

That said, I've been using windex for a long time now with no ill effects, but I will stop now.

Thanks again for the great product. I've recommended you many times.