Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FIRST PICTURES VANCE & HINES TRUE DUELS

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 03:29 AM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default FIRST PICTURES VANCE & HINES TRUE DUELS

Here are the first pictures of my deluxe with the Vance and hines true duels I will do a better job when i have time. First off the myth about loosing 20 to 25 horse power with the duels is a crock. My bike pulls just as good as before if not better i feel no loss of power at all. now i had a standard Harley down load for a 95 build with cams and heads big bore kit when i started the change to the duels. when finished it still runs perfect no popping no hesitation and it idles great no power commander no race tuner or fuel pack no dyno how sweet it is do not have to put out another seven or eight hundred. plus factors with the new set up back wheel is more visible the chrome caliber now shows right side foot rest now has more room nothing behind it to hit. tire is easier to clean and the exhaust is now not hitting the white wall. installed the quite baffles not that quite nice sound totally happy with the set up and look fishtails on back order.
picture links below
http://www.nikonf8.com/pipes.jpg
http://www.nikonf8.com/pipes2.jpg
http://www.nikonf8.com/pipes3.jpg

Old 04-22-2007, 05:24 AM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: FIRST PICTURES VANCE & HINES TRUE DUELS

Hehe, SWEEEEET

Fishtails or Fishmouths wutever will looks sweet on that Deluxe

Thundermax baffles..deep tone.. fine fine.. the quiet baffle :P

Old 04-22-2007, 08:07 AM
JBBOOKS
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Looks nice. I gained both torqe and HP (dyno to prove it), when I installed the V&H True Duals on my RKC.

Old 04-22-2007, 09:27 AM
HOGWYLDPR
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks sweet! Glad to hear that you didn't lose any performance with them. I'm getting ready to install BB, heads and cams on mine next week. I replaced a set of 2 into 1 Rineharts with these and can't tell the difference in power.

Old 04-22-2007, 03:22 PM
2002fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks nice! Love that color scheme with the whitewalls.

Old 04-22-2007, 04:22 PM
rushguy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man you take perfect photos.

Old 04-22-2007, 10:37 PM
nikonf8
Supporter

update on the True duels Took a ride today put on a hundred miles bike is running terrific could not ask for any think more absolutely no noticeable loss of power what so ever. sound is great with the quite baffles.

Old 04-22-2007, 11:09 PM
stratplexi
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,084 Likes on 562 Posts

Nikon,

Looks good and glad to hear your seat of the pants tells you the power didn't change.

Losing power with fishtail duals however, is not a myth or a crock. Others have not been as fortunate as you even though they have spent hundreds on dyno tuning. Apparently, Vance and Hines duals are better performers than Samsons and the standard HD download is better than tuning on a dyno.

Old 04-23-2007, 01:10 AM
nikonf8
Supporter

When I had my motor built it was all Harley I believe it was a stage four package all elements were a package no deviation I would think this package and map were married by way of testing. When the bike was finished I was only running cycle shack slip ons which were rated very highly on the performance charts. The bike ran good no hesitation no popping no problems at all. I was hoping that this exhaust change would not require a new map or commander or tuner. Today I got a chance to really evaluated it and the veridic is it actually runs a little better and power wise I feel no loss at all. I feel pretty lucky that it runs so good with out all the added expense of the dyno and adjusting equipment pc111 or tuner. I spent $719.00 for the complete system including the quite baffles and fishtails shipping included. Most guys who start stock have to go for 1500 or better depending on if they are doing the wrenching them self if not closer to $2000. If you buy the pipes through the dealer with baffles and tails your looking at about 900 dollars then with a stage one and tuner and dyno about another 800 dollars then ad your labor for installing the tuner and pipes stage one about 5 or 6 hours = another $375.00 wow big bucks

Old 04-23-2007, 07:41 AM
flst06
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice. Will look sweet with the fishtails

Don

Quick Reply: FIRST PICTURES VANCE & HINES TRUE DUELS