Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Show me your "Fangs"...

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2016 | 11:40 PM
Gommee
Devil's Advocate

It's Alive!

I have been waiting for some other parts to arrive so I can take them all to the powder coater to be done in black. Now I am not much into blacking out my bike, but black will fit in with my theme.

Soon, I hope, real soon...

Pics to come after they are done and installed.

Old 03-10-2016 | 09:17 AM
Jetfever
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Pete3323
Can't believe this post still lives...sold mine long ago. ��

To me, and I love 'em. :-)

Since my last post I have ridden several more times Q/D windshield with and without Fangs. I rode with a cross wind the other day, and thats it. I will not use the 'shield ever again without fangs.

I really don't like the looks of the fangs, and take them off when I pull the windshield, then I need the 'shield for a freeway blast, and don't want to take the time to refit the Fangs.

I cannot believe how uncomfortable my Windshield is without fangs, and how well the fangs work with the 'shield.

Like I said previously, possibly the light bar and passing lamps reduce the effectiveness of the fangs...

They flat work great on my bike significantly reducing turbulence buffeting and noise.

Thanks again!

Steve

Old 03-10-2016 | 03:54 PM
Pitbull_Dallas
Road Master

See below..

Old 03-10-2016 | 04:11 PM
crabio
Tourer

Went with the HD version. Love em.

Show me your "Fangs"...-img_6007.jpg

Old 03-10-2016 | 07:09 PM
Brytam
Advanced

Bought a 2003 Road King Classic last year in October & it had the "fangs" already installed on the bike. Had never really paid much attention to them before, but Wow! They really do block the wind while riding. I mounted a cup holder on the saddlebag support bar & it blocks the wind from disturbing a cup in the holder. I really like the look & the benefit is great!

Old 03-13-2016 | 12:44 AM
18wheels
Cruiser

Just my opinion but the new style of HD wind deflectors look too weird, rounded sort of, I bought a set and just couldn't handle the way they looked and chose to find an older model that's no longer made, the straight angle ones... I had a set on my sportster, the super glide and now the heritage classic.. they work !!

Old 04-11-2016 | 11:33 PM
Gommee
Devil's Advocate

Whooo Hooo!

Got all of my parts together and dropped them off to get powdered Gloss Black today.
They told me I could pick them up Thursday. I know what I am doing on the weekend!

Last set of mods for now. Time to ride!

Old 04-12-2016 | 10:58 AM
FFeric
Outstanding HDF Member

I got some the other week and they when with the custom aux lamp kit down to the Powder Pro to be coated. They could be installed today possibly. They are trying to find a good ground to avoid grinding off some of the powder. As soon as I get it back I will post a pic of my fangs.

Old 04-15-2016 | 09:28 PM
FFeric
Outstanding HDF Member

Got my fangs installed

Attached Thumbnails Show me your "Fangs"...-img_6422.jpg  
Old 04-19-2016 | 12:01 AM
Gommee
Devil's Advocate

I'm Done! Finally!

Well, the powder looks good, they fit, BUT the directions suck!

By trying every combination, I finally got everything to fit, the right order, the right combination! Any other way and the windshield will not mount!

Fitment: from the triple trees, spacers, light bar frame, washer, grommet, washer, Fang, washer, bolt.

The one thing that the directions got right was I needed 4 extra washers. Had to run to the hardware store just to get 4 Stainless washers.

And just for show, my Air filter is now Blue!

Quick Reply: Show me your "Fangs"...