Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Source for white floor board rubber

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 07:32 PM
tagalongtrouble
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Source for white floor board rubber

I see HD vintage collection has them for traditional shaped boards but I cant find them for the half moon boards on the slim- would also like shifter pegs and brake pedal. I know theyre gonna be in constant need of cleaning but magic erasers should work.......any you folks have a source you know of to get these?

Old 03-15-2015, 08:08 PM
Blake USMC Vet
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Says in the description that they are designed to replace the original floorboard insert.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...tboard-inserts

Old 03-15-2015, 08:50 PM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,913 Likes on 4,135 Posts

I have noticed this in the past and you have to just accept it. Some collections only have the traditional rider footboard inserts, some only have the half-moon rider inserts and some have both. The other fact that you have to accept is that the fitment list is not always accurate.

It appears that both are true for the Vintage White collection. Apparently, they only have the traditional shape rider footboard insert. It also says that it fits a 2012 Heritage which is not accurate. Stock rider footboards on a 2012 Heritage are half-moon.

Now, I do have the white grips and I like them. But, they do get dirty very easily. I ride with black gloves so it doesn't take long for them to be "not white". I will admit that they clean up very easy. I use Windex on the grips and it cleans them without much effort.

Despite the ease of cleaning, there is no way I would put anything in white rubber on my bike that my feet will touch (brake pad, shifter pegs, footboard inserts). The last thing I want to do is add to my detailing time. Between the leather, grips, paint, whitewalls, spokes and chrome, it takes me a good 4 hours to do a QUICK detail on the bike.

Old 03-15-2015, 08:57 PM
Blake USMC Vet
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wildland1 has them on his Slim. When looking at his pictures the floorboards used are not half moon. Could message him and ask.