Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deluxe seat upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 06:16 PM
Mike NY
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Deluxe seat upgrade?

The actual Seat Rail is from a Heritage Springer Seat. It will fit directly on a Deluxe Seat as well. The Rail is NOT listed in the Accessories Catalog

The SEAT RAIL Part # 52687-97

The Backrest Pad is a separate part and comes in a low version as I have and a higher version. Both Pads are listed in the 07 Accessories catalog and on the HD Website.

The rail might still be availbale through the Harley Dealers. It is on the discontinued list I think.I got mine from Chicago Harley or Zanottis Harley. I forget. It was about $125. The Pad is about $90.

The only issue I found when installing it on a Deluxe Seat is that because of the way the Seat is bucketed the Pad doesn't really sit tight against your back. Once I switched tothe the Heritage Springer seat for which the rail is actually made for it works much better in that way.

and it looks cool too......

Mike
NY

Old 04-24-2007, 02:39 PM
WouldBeHD
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Deluxe seat upgrade?

ORIGINAL: Mike NY

The actual Seat Rail is from a Heritage Springer Seat. It will fit directly on a Deluxe Seat as well. The Rail is NOT listed in the Accessories Catalog

The SEAT RAIL Part # 52687-97

The Backrest Pad is a separate part and comes in a low version as I have and a higher version. Both Pads are listed in the 07 Accessories catalog and on the HD Website.

The rail might still be availbale through the Harley Dealers. It is on the discontinued list I think.I got mine from Chicago Harley or Zanottis Harley. I forget. It was about $125. The Pad is about $90.

The only issue I found when installing it on a Deluxe Seat is that because of the way the Seat is bucketed the Pad doesn't really sit tight against your back. Once I switched tothe the Heritage Springer seat for which the rail is actually made for it works much better in that way.

and it looks cool too......

Mike
NY
I agree, looks very cool! Will have to check on those part numbers. I saw the pad listed in the 2007 parts catalog, but was not sure what rail you used. Thanks for the info!