Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions about a Deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2015 | 11:53 AM
DynaJ
Road Master

Originally Posted by RandyL
I ordered a 2015 Deluxe. Until it comes in I will still be riding my super glide. super glide i hated from day 1, worst handling bike i ever rode. questions are, how does a deluxe handle? besides exhaust, air cleaner and a tuner, anything else i should be looking for? thanks

Superglide the worst handling bike you ever ride? Lol...I have news for you if you think a super glide handles like crap then get your money back in the deluxe and go buy a new car, the Dyna family is the best handling Harley ever built.

Old 03-04-2015 | 01:09 PM
RandyL
|
Road Captain

Dyna J, your opinion of the Dyna is your opinion. I have had sportsters that handled better than the Dyna.
I have my opinion, you have yours.

Old 03-04-2015 | 02:04 PM
DynaJ
Road Master

Dyna J, your opinion of the Dyna is your opinion. I have had sportsters that handled better than the Dyna.
I have my opinion, you have yours.

LOL...you really don't want to know my opinion.

Old 03-04-2015 | 02:31 PM
mkenkel
Cruiser

the deluxe does very well for the purpose it is intended for. mine was rock steady at interstate speeds and very well balanced. its no canyon carver for sure, and drags the boards pretty easily even at moderate speeds. but for cruising around and looking good while your doing it is hard to beat.

Old 03-04-2015 | 02:54 PM
RandyL
|
Road Captain

mkenkel - thanks for the response, thats the kind of answer i was looking for.

my short ride at a open house last summer was a good comfortable ride with good handling. since the ride was pretty short i did have some questions that you answered for me.

i started riding in 1972, this will be my 7th bike (4th hd). i was 99.999% sure that the deluxe was what i wanted. after reading the honest answers to question i am now 100% sure i made the right choice.

Old 03-04-2015 | 03:06 PM
mkenkel
Cruiser

mkenkel - thanks for the response, thats the kind of answer i was looking for.

my short ride at a open house last summer was a good comfortable ride with good handling. since the ride was pretty short i did have some questions that you answered for me.

i started riding in 1972, this will be my 7th bike (4th hd). i was 99.999% sure that the deluxe was what i wanted. after reading the honest answers to question i am now 100% sure i made the right choice.
good luck and I hope you enjoy it.

Old 03-04-2015 | 03:14 PM
103inches
Cruiser

In my case a Dyna FLD was the first bike I was ever allowed to test ride. I took a used model for a good 10 mile ride, and ended up buying a new one. It's hard to make a decision based solely on a sit down in the showroom, but I also rely on print and online reviews. I find it interesting to compare magazine reviews to my own impression. I remember telling my wife after that test ride that the FLD was the first bike that I could ever both feel and see vibrate.

Old 03-04-2015 | 04:18 PM
jtarter
Road Master

I Bought my Deluxe online from my local Harley Dealership. I had never rode a Harley. I did do a lot of research on which one I wanted, and how I wanted it to look. I bought it used, so the previous owner did most of the expensive upgrades...big bore kit, apes etc. I guess I went for looks more than anything, but all I can say is am very pleased. It is a low ride, so scraping is very common. I don't think you will regret your purchase. Congrats! I am sure you will do some mods...so lets see those pics.

Old 03-04-2015 | 05:12 PM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member

Mine is no where near stock but it goes down the road like a dream, most comfortable bike I have ever had.

Food for thought: If your going to do long term mods, KNOW what you want with the finished product and line up parts that will work with or enhance the next parts you will be adding as you go along. Dont blindly buy parts and do things at random. Know what you want! That of course is JMHO!

Old 03-04-2015 | 11:35 PM
coneye
Novice

I like to ride , what i call moderate , to middle of the road average riding .. Most of my riding mates , say i'm not they say , i ride hard , and that keeping up with me is hard work ..

But i do love to ride twisty roads , and hills ,, straight roads boulavard cruising is not for me ,, Horrible way to spend the day .

I've got a touring bike and i've got a hoon bike , Now looking for a harley to spend the days on with the wife doing 150-200 mile days it will be used mainly in the hills canyons and country areas ,, and for riding with my mates who all have harleys .

I'm gonna buy a dyna ,,, had one before and they can handle what i do , the deluxe was on my list but clearance issues soon knocked it off ,

Great bike for , doing up or even keeping standard ,, if you ride up the coast slow , through the town slow , and up and down the boulavard , your always going to look good sat, on probably one of the best looking harleys they make .

But if you wanted to come on a day ride with myself and my mates , on a deluxe you may struggle to keep up , you would be comfortable and look good , but just the same , scraping the pegs .

Horses for courses , depends on what you do and how you do it .

Quick Reply: Questions about a Deluxe