Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Springer Owners-anyone use Wild 1 Chubby Stubby Springer Risers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2015 | 05:12 AM
Jaburg1
|
Road Master

Here's the link. I ordered directly from them. They don't maintain a stock of sissy bars. They begin to build it when the order is received.

http://www.ginzchoppers.com

Old 02-26-2015 | 08:30 AM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member

*EDIT* I think I mistook the risers being discussed on this thread for something else I saw that looked like these. I checked these out on the site again and I think I can tell that the threads might in fact be a bolt that feeds through the risers. My guess is that the other risers I was thinking of do the same thing as these and only looked like they were all one piece.

Not actually interested in these risers myself but recently I took a closer look at them while on the site and realized that unlike stock risers that fit over a stud and held down by a lock nut, these risers thread directly to the forks in place of the stud. However, I couldn't tell that the upper riser portion had any way of spinning independent of the lower threaded portion. So my question is, since these replace the stock for studs how do you torque them down to spec while assuring that the riser portion will align properly for the installation of the handle bars?

Last edited by Skeezmachine; 02-26-2015 at 08:35 AM.
Old 02-26-2015 | 11:13 AM
IrIeSpringer420
Tourer

Originally Posted by Skeezmachine
*EDIT* I think I mistook the risers being discussed on this thread for something else I saw that looked like these. I checked these out on the site again and I think I can tell that the threads might in fact be a bolt that feeds through the risers. My guess is that the other risers I was thinking of do the same thing as these and only looked like they were all one piece.

Not actually interested in these risers myself but recently I took a closer look at them while on the site and realized that unlike stock risers that fit over a stud and held down by a lock nut, these risers thread directly to the forks in place of the stud. However, I couldn't tell that the upper riser portion had any way of spinning independent of the lower threaded portion. So my question is, since these replace the stock for studs how do you torque them down to spec while assuring that the riser portion will align properly for the installation of the handle bars?
i was thinking about that when i got them also. but when i put them on i ran into no worrys. almost seem when they sit in the tapered hole they "stay put" i did have to tightin evrything up again after it set in at 500 miles

Old 02-26-2015 | 02:49 PM
jaysnafu
Club Member

Just got mine in last week... waiting on magnum cables to arrive to get the new Apes on. I tell you Skeez, you lead on, I'm right behind you!

Old 03-09-2015 | 09:45 PM
Jaburg1
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by Skeezmachine

I just installed these on Sunday and didn't know what you were talking about until I did it myself. The risers do turn a bit when you initially start tightening them down. Tighten some, then place the bars in the grooves to keep them in line, then tighten some more. After a point, they don't twist any more and will stay put while you tighten them the rest of the way. These things are rock solid and feel so much more sturdy than the stock risers. They bite and hold like a pit bull, and are just as solid.

Attached Thumbnails Springer Owners-anyone use Wild 1 Chubby Stubby Springer Risers?-image.jpg  

Last edited by Jaburg1; 03-10-2015 at 06:32 AM.
Old 03-10-2015 | 06:53 PM
FLYING_BURRITO_BROTHER
NOT A MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Jaburg1
I just installed these on Sunday and didn't know what you were talking about until I did it myself. The risers do turn a bit when you initially start tightening them down. Tighten some, then place the bars in the grooves to keep them in line, then tighten some more. After a point, they don't twist any more and will stay put while you tighten them the rest of the way. These things are rock solid and feel so much more sturdy than the stock risers. They bite and hold like a pit bull, and are just as solid.
Vibration any different?

Did they come with good instructions? TOrque spec, etc?

Old 03-10-2015 | 07:13 PM
Jaburg1
|
Road Master

The instructions were very basic and straight-forward. Not nearly as complicated as the stock HD risers. The base of the risers bolt directly onto the fork with a very beefy 1/2" Allen head bolt. There were no torque specs provided, so I used what HD specifies. If they ever loosen up, it's a simple matter to re-tighten them. I doubt that will happen, though. The weather is bad here in Philadelphia, so I took it around the neighborhood a few times and, from that, I didn't feel any additional vibration. For me, I'm really glad I made this switch.

Last edited by Jaburg1; 03-12-2015 at 12:11 PM.
Old 03-10-2015 | 08:02 PM
FLYING_BURRITO_BROTHER
NOT A MODERATOR

Good to know. I'd still like more feedback on vibration. My stockers just gave up the ghost...one too many times being tightened down I guess. One bolt stripped. Tired of the bars shifting every so often when a hard bump is hit.

Old 03-10-2015 | 08:52 PM
IrIeSpringer420
Tourer

Originally Posted by FLYING_BURRITO_BROTHER
Good to know. I'd still like more feedback on vibration. My stockers just gave up the ghost...one too many times being tightened down I guess. One bolt stripped. Tired of the bars shifting every so often when a hard bump is hit.
the vibration is not bad at all. IMHO it is the same as stock risers but just WAY more solid felling

Old 03-10-2015 | 10:21 PM
FLYING_BURRITO_BROTHER
NOT A MODERATOR

Originally Posted by IrIeSpringer420
the vibration is not bad at all. IMHO it is the same as stock risers but just WAY more solid felling
Good to know. Thanks.

One last question. Wild 1 claims there's is a 2" riser. The stockers are roughly 2.75" from the bottom of the lower riser body to the split. So technically, these are shorter than the stock versions?

Quick Reply: Springer Owners-anyone use Wild 1 Chubby Stubby Springer Risers?